For summer 2020: All spots have been filled; we are on a wait-list.
Paragon One are remote, unpaid externships. Develop your skills through real company projects with mentor-led externships. Mentorship and training are built into every externship to set you up for success, even after completion. Over 8 weeks and for 10 hours/week for project work, you'll receive 15+ hours of online industry-specific training and mentor support over video conferencing. Projects can begin in mid-May and wrap up in late July.
Paragon One Remote Externships:
- 8 week experience: first 2 weeks skills training; final 6 weeks team-based project for an actual employer
- Gain Skills & Get Experience: ~ 10 hours/week commitment
- Remote Externships are Unpaid
- Work with Non-Profits, Finance, Investment Banking, Business Development. Marketing, etc.
Learn, Contribute, and Succeed on your Remote Externship:
- Externships are self-paced; include online video and written training to teach and explain key skills
- You'll be assigned a manager to help you get started and guide you through your 8 weeks.
- Weekly check-ins with your manager and peers will help keep you on track and complete quality work.
- Monthly live company-led webinars will be held to learn more about the company and its related industry.
- Complete assignments on time to the best of your ability. Take the initiative and offer to help
- Communicate with your team and managers often and clearly. Ask questions and be open to feedback.
- Any Swarthmore student can apply for any available Paragon One Remote Externship!
- No prior experience is required -- they teach you what you need to know.
- There are limited spots available for this summer so apply early.
- Use your Swarthmore.edu email to apply.
- Only one externship is allowed; please choose one externship at the time of application.
- Application received by May 17th can start May 18th. Applications received by May 31st can start June 1st.
- Deadline to apply is May 31st.
- All project work must be completed by July 31st.
Questions? Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.