Connecting with Swatties
Connecting with others is a powerful tool at any stage in your career--whether you're looking for a job, applying to graduate schools, searching for internships, or seeking information about careers. 80% of opportunities are found through professional connections. Your search strategy should include a combination of several approaches, integrating both technology and face-to-face interactions through networking.
Remember to stay safe while networking, here are some safety tips.
Learn about Potential Career Paths from Students and Alumni
- LinkedIn: Learn more about building a profile [pdf] and using the site to network [pdf].
- Swarthmore College Alumni Directory: Comprehensive database of 18,000+ alumni
- Swarthmore College Alumni Council: Alumni eager to support students in their career development.
- Garnet Connection: Learn about how current students spent their summers.
- Garnet Club Advancement Council: Connect with fellow alumni athletes. An extension of the Garnet Club, the Garnet Club Advancement Council is a volunteer group comprised of alumni, parents, and friends of Swarthmore College who promotes the interests and well-being of Garnet athletics at Swarthmore—including varsity athletics, club sports, intramural athletics, physical education and recreation
- Post Grad Plans by Major [pdf]: Through data collected through our annual Senior Survey, find out first destinations of graduating seniors.
- Major Factsheets [pdf]: Broken down by academic major, find out what types of internships, employment, and grad schools students participate/pursue.
SPEED Project: Explore the first steps for Swat grads, based on over a decade of data from graduating seniors. See what students in different majors go on to do.
Alumni Outcomes Data collected by Institutional Research: Data collected on alumni on post-graduate plans.