For general interviewing advice, read over our Interviewing Guide [pdf]
- Glassdoor provides organization and position-specific interview tips. Log into Handshake, look under "Career Center" then "Resources" for login info.
- BigInterview combines training and practice to build your confidence and get you interview-ready. Here's a guide [pdf] on how to get started. Sign up with your Swarthmore-sponsored email address.
- Virtual Etiquette [pdf] is a guide on how to maintain professionalism when engaging in a virtual world, as the world has moved to doing more activities virtually.
Mock Interview with a Career Counselor
- Once you read over the Interviewing Guide, make sure to setup a mock interview. Mock interviews help applicants practice telling their ‘professional narrative’ and gain confidence in the process.
Phone Interview Resources
Finance Interview Resources
- Wall Street Prep Student Passport Program: WSP provides finance technical and behavioral interview preparation as well as financial modeling. Email email@example.com for access.
- Breaking into Wall Street: Resource to help students prepare for the technical portion of finance interviews. Once setup, student will have life-time access to the interviewing portion of the program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
Case Interview Resources
- Management Consulted: Career Services provides students free access to MC resources including the Management Consulted school subscription platform featuring video courses and over 500 practice case interviews. It also includes a limited number of 1:1 case interview coaching session with a MC coach. Email email@example.com for access.
As the number of 1:1 sessions is limited, Swarthmore is currently evaluating a number of other Consulting resources that will allow us to offer these similar experiences to more students. As we explore other opportunities, the below criteria will be used to determine whether or not a student is eligible for a 1:1 MC coaching session:
The student must be signed up with Management Consulted and must have take advantage of the video courses and practice cases.
The student must have successfully completed three mock interviews with our career counselors in the Career Services Office.
The student must have shown overall growth and improvement in these mock interviews.
The student must have an upcoming case interview already scheduled.
If a student is requesting a 1:1 session, the above criteria will be evaluated by a member of our Career Services Team. Requests for 1:1 sessions, will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
- Case Interview Prep & Technical Interview Prep: Log into Handshake for a list of alumni who have volunteered to provide help with case interviewing and technical interviews. Once logged into Handshake, look under "Career Center" then "Resources."
- Interviewing Tips Case study tips from McKinsey
- Cracking the Case Case study tips from Argopoint
- Ace the Case Case interviewing tips from Bain
- CaseInterview.com Tips on case interviewing
- Management consulting interview preparation Tips for interview preparation
- Interview questions consulting firms ask Students can access great case interview prep guides through Career Services FirstHand (formerly Vault) subscription, which can be accessed here.
- Case interview books are also highly recommended such as:
- Case in Point by Marc Cosentino
- Case Interview Secrets by Victor Cheng
- These are available in the Career Services office for loan.
Dress for an Interview
Wondering how to dress to impress for that upcoming interview or career fair? Our Career Closet is up and running with new professional attire in a range of sizes for students to borrow. Stop by any weekday afternoon between 1-4:30 p.m. and we will help you suit up!