For general interviewing advice, read over our Interviewing Guide [pdf]
- Glassdoor provides organization and position-specific interview tips. Log into Handshake, look under "Career Center" then "Resources" for login info.
- BigInterview combines training and practice to build your confidence and get you interview-ready. Here's a guide [pdf] on how to get started. Sign up with your Swarthmore-sponsored email address.
- Virtual Etiquette [pdf] is a guide on how to maintain professionalism when engaging in a virtual world, as the world has moved to doing more activities virtually.
Mock Interview with a Career Counselor
- Once you read over the Interviewing Guide, make sure to setup a mock interview. Mock interviews help applicants practice telling their ‘professional narrative’ and gain confidence in the process.
Phone Interview Resources
Finance Interview Resources
- Wall Street Prep Student Passport Program: WSP provides finance technical and behavioral interview preparation as well as financial modeling. Email email@example.com for access.
- Breaking into Wall Street: Resource to help students prepare for the technical portion of finance interviews. Once setup, student will have life-time access to the interviewing portion of the program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
Case Interview Resources
- Management Consulted: Career Services provides students free access to MC resources including: 1) consulting bootcamp on campus; 2) MC school subscription platform featuring video courses and 500+ practice case interviews; and 3) one 1:1 case interview coaching session with a MC coach. Email email@example.com for access.
- Case Interview Prep & Technical Interview Prep: Log into Handshake for a list of alumni who have volunteered to provide help with case interviewing and technical interviews. Once logged into Handshake, look under "Career Center" then "Resources."
- Interviewing Tips Case study tips from McKinsey
- Cracking the Case Case study tips from Argopoint
- Ace the Case Case interviewing tips from Bain
- CaseInterview.com Tips on case interviewing
- Management consulting interview preparation Tips for interview preparation
- Interview questions consulting firms ask Students can access great case interview prep guides through Career Services Vault subscription, which can be accessed after logging into Handshake.
- Case interview books are also highly recommended such as:
- Case in Point by Marc Cosentino
- Case Interview Secrets by Victor Cheng
- These are available in the Career Services office for loan.
Dress for an Interview
Wondering how to dress to impress for that upcoming interview or career fair? Our Career Closet is up and running with new professional attire in a range of sizes for students to borrow. Stop by any weekday afternoon between 1-4:30 p.m. and we will help you suit up!