Connect with Students
Alumni--are you interested in getting involved or serving as a resource?
Mentoring and Educating Swatties
- SwatWorks -- SwatWorks's micro-internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. These projects enable college students to demonstrate skills, explore career paths, and build their networks, as they are mentored by Swarthmore alumni and parents. Unlike traditional internships, micro-internships will be funded through micro-grants offered by Career Services.
- Alumni Student Networking Dinner – fall and spring events connecting students with Alumni Council mentors
- Alumni Career Panels and Speakers – often coordinated with academic departments, visit campus to talk about careers for certain majors (e.g. Careers for Chemistry Majors), careers within specific fields (e.g. International Development Careers) and career topics (e.g. Networking)
- SwatTank – mentor students participating in this innovation incubator
- On Campus Recruiting – visit campus to interview students for your organization or offer an information session providing an overview of your organization and hiring needs
- Off Campus Interview Days and Career Fairs – participate in a recruiting event in NY or DC: the Fall Recruiting Consortium and DCImpact Link and our career fairs in DC and Philadelphia
- Job and Internship Postings – post an internship or job for students and alumni
Social Media and Swatties
- Facebook Fan Group – join and post to our Facebook group
- #SwatCareers and @SwatCareers – follow and post to our Instagram and Twitter accounts
Email us if interested in supporting students in their career development