AESOP Academy Summer Virtual Learning Program
Through our Tri-Co partnership, we're offering two remote summer skills development opportunities for students:
Data Analytics Specialist: (June 20-28) Data is everywhere, and utilized by everyone – regardless of business size, industry, or department. Being able to confidently navigate, analyze, and strategically interpret data is a functional capability that many organizations strive to achieve in their employees or new hires. Starting from a ‘client request’, this program will train students on how to independently manage the end to end process of a real world data analytics experience. Crafted specifically for liberal arts students, students will:
- Learn to clearly define client or management requests
- Extract custom datasets via SQL query language from a data warehouse
- Develop advanced Excel methods to conduct ad-hoc analysis and learn key custom commands that are common across platforms (IF, AND, OR)
- Build dynamic and intuitive dashboard visualizations to best interpret and present results to a client or leader
Through a series of live virtual lectures, real-world mock client scenarios, and a group project case, this data-focused program will cover high demand technical skills in a data-driven world. This program is limited to 10 Swarthmore students so if you can't participate in all sessions, please allow another student to participate; register through Handshake.
Professional Readiness: (May 30-June 7) This program introduces concepts and the technical skills required to develop as a hybrid and dynamic employee. Whether you want to work for a non-profit, a large or small company, a startup, or become an entrepreneur, these foundational skills will kick-start your professional building blocks as you grow from student to rising future leader.
Through a series of live virtual lectures, real-world mock client scenarios, and a group project case, this multi-disciplinary program will cover the in-demand technical skills and essential soft skills to exceed expectations from day 1 in your future careers. Crafted specifically for liberal arts students, students will:
- Develop new Excel data analysis skills or elevate existing skills
- Practice data-driven problem solving and strategic thinking with real-world
- Learn how to build and deliver effective ‘client-ready’ presentations as an
- Receive an introduction to an industry leading data analytics tool, Tableau
- Work on a virtual client-case with a group of talented, well-trained teammates
This program is limited to 20 Swarthmore students so if you can't participate in all sessions, please allow another student to participate; register through Handshake.