Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will my room be, and will I be housed with my classmates?
Dorm and room assignments will be made just prior to the weekend. We make every effort to house classes together.
- Are the buildings on campus air conditioned?
Most dorms are not air conditioned, although classroom buildings and Sharples Dining Hall are.
- Can I still reserve a room on campus?
We cannot accommodate walk-in housing registrations during Alumni Weekend. The College website provides a listing of other local lodging, please visit swarthmore.edu/visitors. You can find additional lodging options in Philadelphia at visitphilly.com.
- What if I need help getting around campus?
Golf carts will be on call to provide transportation to alumni needing assistance. A cart can be summoned Friday and Saturday 8 a.m.–10 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.–2 p.m. by calling 610-957-6106. If you need a wheelchair, rentals are available at Main Line Medical Supplies, 610-734-0800. The College is unable to provide wheelchairs.
- Does the College offer childcare during Alumni Weekend?
While the College does offer babysitting, it requires advance reservations. We are unable to accept walk-in registrations during the weekend.
- I preregistered for babysitting. What else do I need to do?
You will receive an email with additional information about babysitting prior to Alumni Weekend. As a reminder, care cannot be provided for sick children. We are not able to dispense or administer any form of medication (e.g. asthma inhalers, EpiPens) to the children participating in the babysitting service.
- Can I make a change to my registration after it has been finalized?
To change your registration, contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-328-7332.
- How will I know that my registration is confirmed?
Every reservation will be confirmed either by mail or email. If you have not received a confirmation, please contact 610-328-7332 or email@example.com.
- If I cancel my registration, can I get a refund?
Refund requests received on or before May 24 will be accepted. For other questions, please contact 610-328-7332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.