Reunion Committee Timeline
- Swarthmore staff begin to recruit committee members. If you are interested in joining your reunion committee, please fill out this form no later than Oct. 14.
- Recruitment continues. If you are interested in joining your reunion committee, please fill out this form by Friday, Oct. 14.
- Reunion Volunteers Training Session: Fundraising
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 7 to 8 p.m. ET
- If you are interested in helping to fundraise for your reunion, please plan to join this training. The session will be recorded for those who can not attend live.
- Reunion Volunteers Training Session: Event Planning
- Thursday, Oct. 27 from 7 to 8 p.m. ET
- If you are interested in connecting with classmates and helping to plan reunion activities, please plan to join this training. The session will be recorded for those who can not attend live.
- First committee meetings
- Your staff liaison will be in touch with your committee to schedule your first committee meeting. During this meeting you will get acquainted with each other, go over what committee work will look like, and brainstorm initial reunion event ideas and fundraising plans.
November and December:
- Work on your first class email, which is due Tuesday, Jan. 17.
- There are sample emails in the volunteer portal.
- Begin to assign classmates to yourself in the volunteer portal.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17: Class e-letter due
- Monday, Jan. 23: Class e-letters sent by your Swarthmore staff liaison
- Committee meetings
- Finalize reunion event ideas to submit, and discuss if you’d like to host virtual events.
- Review your fundraising approach and make sure fundraisers have assigned classmates to themselves in the volunteer portal.
- Feb. 1 –28: Fundraisers begin their first round of individual outreach, which will continue throughout the month.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: Activity request forms due
- Committee meetings
- Review engagement and fundraising plans for the next two months
- Discuss spring class email
- Monday, March 27: Spring class email is due to your staff liaison
- Registration opens for Alumni Weekend
- Class letter sent by your staff liaison a few days after registration opens
- Second round of individual outreach to encourage classmates to come back and give back for your reunion
- Committee Meetings
- Finalize in-person Alumni Weekend event details
- Individual outreach continues to encourage classmates to come back and give back for your reunion.
- May 26–28 : Alumni Weekend 2023!
- *May 25–28 for the 50th reunion
- Post-Alumni Weekend outreach includes thanking classmates for attending Alumni Weekend and a final fundraising message to end the 2022–23 fiscal year