Reunion Committee Key Responsibilities
- Reconnect classmates with Swarthmore and encourage fellow alumni to participate in Reunion programming throughout the year.
- Participate on committee Zoom calls to plan your digital reunion celebration experience.
- Encourage classmates to make a gift to Swarthmore.
- Generate ideas for quarterly digital activities, such as a lecture or panel discussion. A form to submit your ideas will be available in the fall.
- Articulate why giving back to Swarthmore matters to you and encourage classmates to support current and future generations of students through peer-to-peer outreach and two Reunion Committee emails.
- Develop a fundraising plan and creative strategies to utilize digital tools to fundraise.
- Use our online volunteer portal to connect with classmates throughout the year.
- Collect nostalgic photos and memories and share with classmates on social media.
- Help us track down and re-engage “lost” alumni.
- Last, but not least, lead the way by making a gift that is meaningful to you in honor of your reunion
ALL SWARTHMORE VOLUNTEERS ARE EXPECTED TO UPHOLD THE COLLEGE'S VOLUNTEER VALUES AND VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT [pdf].
The approximate time commitment to serve on a Reunion Committee is 1–3 hours per month. Committee members will reach out to classmates, plan and attend digital events, fundraise, and meet as a committee over Zoom every other month. View the reunion planning timeline.
If you are interested in volunteering for a Reunion Committee, please fill out this form. Your Swarthmore staff liaison will be in touch with you in early fall to officially kick off your work as a Reunion Committee.
Swarthmore Staff Liaison Responsibilities
Reunion volunteers can expect Swarthmore staff to:
- Serve as a resource for reunion digital event planning and oversee marketing and technology management.
- Train reunion volunteers on activity planning, fundraising, and the reunion volunteer portal.
- Support virtual events to ensure the technology is working properly.
- Provide regular and accurate giving metrics through the volunteer portal.
- Provide Zoom meeting rooms for virtual events.
- Plan and implement general reunion events, such as all-alumni virtual events, speakers, and virtual campus tours.
- Coordinate the registration process for virtual reunion activities throughout the year.
- Send the fall and spring class emails.