How to Apply to be a SAM
- The SAM Application utilizes JobX, which will soon become the College's new Student Employment system. For more information on JobX, please visit the JobX and Student Employment Information Page. Here is the link to JobX from which you can access the SAM application.
- The deadline for completing the application through JobX is 11:59 pm on March 16, 2018. As part of the online application you must upload three documents -- a question form; your resume; and a copy of your unofficial transcript. All must be saved in .pdf format before uploading.
- The deadline for two letters of recommendation is 11:59 pm on March 20, 2018. The letters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The recommender should discuss what skills and character traits you possess that would make you a good SAM.
- Once your application is complete we will contact you to set up an interview.
Application materials, including supplemental question responses, must be submitted via JobX by 11:59 p.m. on March 16th, 2018.
Letters of Recommendation must be emailed to email@example.com by March 20th, 2018.
Once you have reviewed the Student Academic Mentor page, you may access the application in JobX by visiting the Swarthmore JobX site. The system allows you 45 minutes to complete and submit your application. Please be aware that you will be logged out after 45 minutes and your submission will not be saved. You should have prepared your supplemental materials before logging into the JobX site and beginning your application.
To apply, complete the following steps:
- Select “Student Employees.”
- Click “User Dashboard,” at the top of the right hand column.
- Log in with your Swarthmore credentials.
- Click on “Student Employees” in the top navigation.
- Select “Find a Job” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Show All Active Jobs” on the top left of the “Select a Quick Search” box.
- Review the disclaimer for on-campus stipend jobs and click “I Agree.”
- The Student Academic Mentor position will appear in the “Active Jobs” list. Click the job title.
- “Click here to apply for this job” on the top left of the screen.
- Read and complete all portions of application, as they contain important information on eligibility, remuneratio, dates of employment, spring training, and more.
- Some data will be pre-populated into the application from your Banner account. Please review it to make sure it is correct and up to date.
- Be sure to upload the following
- Current resume
- Copy of an unofficial transcript
- Be sure to have two letters of recommendation submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click “Submit.”