There are some fabulous benefits available through your College health insurance plan that include cash back for wellness related choices you may already be making or are contemplating.
Healthy LifestylesSM Programs
Through reimbursements and discounts, these wellness programs encourage you to make long-term lifestyle changes that can help improve your health and quality of life. Our most popular programs reimburse you for completing fitness, weight management, and tobacco cessation programs. Please click here to be redirected to the Independence Blue Cross (IBC) Healthy Lifestyles website. You can also find more information by clicking on one of the links below.
Learn the right way to fuel your body. Our Nutrition Counseling benefit allows you to visit a participating registered dietitian or network physician up to six times a year at no cost to you. Click here for more details.
WebMD® Health Tools
Take control of your health with the information and tools you need to make the decisions that are right for you. We’ve partnered with WebMD, one of the most widely recognized names in health information, to bring you tools to help you assess your health, track your health history, and even check your symptoms. Click here for more details.
Whether you’re up in the middle of the night with a sick child or looking for ways to manage a long-term condition, we can provide support and resources when you need them most. We have programs that offer you access to 24/7 Health Coaches, decision support, and even dedicated case managers who can assist with more complex health issues. Click here for more details.
- Exercise Instructional Videos (provided by Excel Physical Therapy)
- Campus Walking Trails [pdf]
- Simple Stress Busters for Your Work Day [pdf]
Wellness News You Can Use!
- Easing Brain Fatigue With a Walk in the Park
- How to Use the New Trans-Fat Numbers [pdf]
- March - National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month [pdf]
- Tips to help Wounds Heal [pdf]
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week [pdf]
- National Wear Red Day [pdf]
- Healthy Weight Week [pdf]
- Wellness Fun Facts [pdf]
- Tips to Stay Fit Through the Holidays [pdf]
- Five Small Steps to Prevent Diabetes [pdf]
- Great American Smokeout® [pdf]
- Yoga May Encourage Weight Maintenance or Loss [pdf]
- Preventing Backpack Injuries [pdf]
- Consumer Health Web Watch [pdf]
- Breast Cancer in Men [pdf]
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month [pdf]