PAISIG Walking and Activity Tracking Program
This program will run from June 3rd through August 30th 2013.
We want to help you improve your health and overall sense of well-being. Physical activity can help decrease your risk for chronic and critical illnesses, such as heart disease, and increase your immunity to common illnesses, such as colds.
The PAISIG Walking & Activity Tracking Program is designed to support these goals through incentives, social support, an online tracking tool and mobile app, and weekly motivational messages. All kinds of activities are included in this program—this is not strictly a WALKING Program.
Who should participate?
- Anyone and everyone!
- If you’re already active—great! This program will just give you a place to track all the things you already do! Why not get (the chance) to be rewarded for living a healthy lifestyle!?!
- If you’re not as active as you’d like to be—that’s fine too! This program will give you some incentives to become more active and the tools to put you on the right path (pun intended) to a healthy, active life!
- Note: You do not need to have insurance through your school/ADC to participate in this program.
How can you participate?
- Go to the ADC Wellness Portal (http://armstrongdoylecarroll.com/wellness) and either login using your existing login and password or register as a new user.
- Click on the “Walking & Activity Tracking Program” tab on the Dashboard. Then click on http://www.startwalkingnow.org/home.jsp and register as a new user there. (We will be using the American Heart Association (AHA)’s activity tracking system for the tracking part of this program.)
- When registering as a new user on the AHA site, click on “Search for company,” enter “Armstrong, Doyle, and Carroll,” and click on that name when it pops up.
- Click on “Tracker,” in the middle of the tabs bar. Take a little self-tour of this section of the site.
- Try clicking on “Add an Activity” to get a feel for all the different activities you can track.
- Note that you can also track your food intake for the day.
- Click on “Take the Quiz” to get your own personal walking plan.
- Make sure you click “Save” before exiting the page each time you login in to track a new activity or anything else!
What else should I know?
- You will also have access to a message board, where you can interact with other program members throughout the various PAISIG schools. Instructions for use and disclosures, etc. can be found online (http://armstrongdoylecarroll.com/wellness).
- Each week, throughout the program, you will receive a motivational and informational e-mail with various walking and exercise tips and general health information. The text of this e-mail will be posted online each week as well, as an added convenience.
- There are three levels of activity/effort that you can aim to reach. Check them out online to see what you need to do to earn more raffle entries!
- Please note: Unlike the Wellness Challenge, participants do not need to e-mail to join. Just follow the instructions above!
If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Suzanne M. Smith, MS, CHES
Armstrong, Doyle & Carroll, Inc.