How do I find a job?
1. New students can attend the job fair on Friday, August 26th from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm in Sharples Dining Hall.
2. Visit/contact the individual departments and learn about their open positions and application procedures directly.
3. The Student Employment Office posts new jobs, including off-campus jobs, on our bulletin board if employers contact us. Off-campus positions include but are not limited to child care, house-sitting, and yard work.
4. Sign up on the SEO bulletin boards for babysitting opportunities and other odd jobs. Students that sign up on this list may be contacted directly by prospective employers throughout the semester.
5. If you need further guidance, email or stop in at the Student Employment Office during our open office hours and we will be glad to help you in your search. We are also available by appointment.
How many hours can I work?
The College suggests that your work no more than 7 or 8 hours per week as you should keep enough time for academics, social life and other extracurricular activities.
What are the current hourly rates?
Pay level 1: $8.58
Pay level 2: $8.89
Pay level 3: $9.20