Plan an Event
Students interested in planning an event or program should use the following checklist as a guide. For more specific information and assistance, please contact the Office of Student Activities in Parrish 117, by phone at x8469, or email email@example.com.
Start by selecting a date, time, and location
Keep in mind that other scheduled events might impact participation in your event. Reserve space on campus for your event.
Get sponsors and secure funding
Funding sources may include the Student Budget Committee, Social Affairs Committee, Forum for Free Speech, Student Council, or other student organizations, academic departments, and/or other administrative offices. For parties, study breaks and the like, we recommend that requests be made a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event. Contact the SBC if you need payment for services and make check requests in advance. Do not pay for professional services out of pocket.
Reserve equipment and make any special requests
If you need sound equipment, contact Rattech firstname.lastname@example.org, or Media Services at email@example.com. For space set-up, contact facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some decorations and supplies may be available from SAC. Allow enough time to order food if applicable.
Special requests may include:
- Requesting Trash cans/bags for clean up - email email@example.com
- Tables & chairs - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electricity for inflatables, popcorn machines, cotton candy machines, etc. - email email@example.com
- Water hoses/water supply for slip-n-slides or dunk tanks - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific event set-ups in Upper Tarble (stage, tables, chairs, sound, etc.) - email email@example.com
Please note: Students may not sign contracts on behalf of the College. An appropriate administrator must approve and sign all contracts/riders for performances and/or events on campus.
Publicize the event
Post the event on the campus calendar
More information can be found in the on-line guide to event publicity.