Funding and Planning Student Events
Funding for Student Events
Funding sources may include the Student Budget Committee (SBC), Social Affairs Committee (SAC), Forum for Free Speech, Student Council, or other student organizations, academic departments, and/or other administrative offices. For parties, study breaks and the like, we recommend that requests be made a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event. Contact the SBC if you need payment for services and make check requests in advance. Do not pay for professional services out of pocket.
Please note, that students may not sign contracts on behalf of the College. An appropriate administrator must approve/sign all contracts for performances and/or events on campus.
Funding from the Dean's Office (for conferences)
The Dean's Office provides limited funding for students/student groups to attend conferences off campus. Please note, that the Student Budget Committee (SBC) does not disperse funds for conferences, so all requests should be made to the Dean's Office. So that the Dean's Office may support as many students/student groups as possible, please use the following guidelines:
- In order for an individual student or student group to request conference funding, please complete and submit a Student Conference Request Form [pdf] to Susan Lewis in the Dean's Office, Parrish 140 (East). Or a copy of the request form may be picked up in the Dean's Office during regular buisness hours: 8:30 am-12:00 pm and 1:00-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Dean's Office considers a student group to be comprised of 3 or more students attending the same conference, regardless of whether students apply individually or as a group. The Dean's Office can fund no more than one conference per academic year for an individual student or student group. And we cannot guarantee we will be able to fund all requests that are received.
- Please submit funding requests at least one to two weeks prior to the start date of the conference in order to allow time for your request to be reviewed.
- If you plan to use a College van you must be van certified, or if you plan to rent a car/van from a College approved vendor, you will need to contact the rental company directly to make a reservation. Your transportation arrangements must be in place before any funds will be released for transportation.
- In all cases when traveling either by van or automobile, all participants must sign a "Release of Liability Form [pdf]" before leaving campus.