Tri-College Multicultural Winter Institute 2011
Building Cross Cultural Leadership Skills for Students, Staff and Faculty
If you missed attending the Tri-College Summer Institute, and would like to explore issues of Race, Class, Gender, and Sexual Orientation, then the Tri-College Multicultural Winter Institute is for you!
If you are interested in hearing about and exploring different cultural backgrounds, engaging in discussions about diversity, multiculturalism, and various forms of oppression, then the Tri-College Multicultural Winter Institute is for you!
If you are currently or plan to be a WA, RA, Science Associate, SRP, or Diversity Workshop Facilitator, then the Tri-College Multicultural Institute is for you! Plan now to attend!
When: Wednesday, January 12 through Friday, January 14, 2011.
Where: Swarthmore College
Who Can Apply: Students, Faculty, and Staff from Bryn Mawr, Haverford and Swarthmore Colleges. Space is limited to 45 participants. (15 per campus)
Program Description: This program will consist of 2½ days of intensive experiential workshops focused on issues of race/ethnicity, socioeconomic class, gender, religion, and sexual orientation and privilege
- To provide a safe place for open and frank discussions
- To develop a common language to discuss diversity issues
- To promote personal learning about inter/intra group dynamics
- To encourage cross-cultural dialogue
- To explore intergroup and intragroup conflicts
- To develop skills and to build coalitions of students, staff and faculty committed to building multicultural change on camps.
- Small and large group discussions
- Simulation games
- Cultural sharing
- People of color caucus/white people caucus
Application deadline is 4:00 PM November 18. Email or return a hard copy to Betsy Durning (edurnin1 ) in Parrish 140. If you have any questions regarding the Institute please contact Darryl Smaw, Office of Multicultural Affairs, Parrish 140, dsmaw1 or call 610-690-4823