In-House Lab Services
Student Health Services is able to provide for basic lab services on site such as: urine dipstick, fingerstick glucose test, urine pregnancy, monospot, and rapid strep. Other lab services are provided through Quest Diagnostics. Lab services such as phlebotomy and specimen collection handling are provided by our qualified nursing staff.
Laboratory Services through Quest Lab
Lab specimens are sent to Quest Diagnostic Labs for evaluation and are billed by Quest to a student's health insurance. The college health plan generally covers 80% of most lab fees and students are responsible for the remaining 20%. The college health plan will cover 80% of one routine STD check annually (Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HIV).
Health insurance plans vary widely. Some non-college health insurance plans will not cover lab fees for Quest Diagnostics which may be "out of network". Please be aware of your individual insurance coverage policies and how they would pertain to services "out of plan" or "out of state". Students should call their health insurance provider prior to getting routine or non-emergent lab tests done to check for eligibility.
See Gynecologic Services or Screening/Testing for Sexually Transmitted Infections for information pertaining to these services.