Provides support for "an initial postgraduate year of independent study and travel abroad." The Foundation "hopes to provide Fellows an opportunity for a focused and disciplined Wanderjahr of their own devising." Students plan out a year long program visiting from 2-12 countries. Students may not attend school or work during the year, and no language requirements apply.
- U.S. citizenship is NOT required.
- Open to graduating seniors ONLY.
September 17, 2012
How to Apply
Request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-328-8363. Turn in all the following materials to Parrish 118 by the internal deadline, above:
- Five page personal statement (double-spaced)
- Five-page project proposal (double-spaced)
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications and essays.
- Based on the applications and essays, the Committee invites approximately 10 candidates for interviews.
- Candidates who are being interviewed must submit two to three letters of recommendation to the Committee.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects four nominees. Nominees have an opportunity to revise their essays prior to Watson's national deadline.
- Nominees complete on-line applications and submit their applications and all supporting materials (including recommendations) to the Watson Foundation. Deadline to be announced.
- All nominees receive a one-hour, on-campus interview with a member of Watson's national selection committee.
- Final selections are posted on Watson's web site on March 15, 2013.