Offers full tuition and a stipend of approximately $18,000 per year for up to three years for advanced education and graduate study, as well as for independent research or study projects. Study must be carried out entirely in the U.S.
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be already attending graduate school. Graduating seniors are no longer eligible.
- Outstanding undergraduate records
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
November 17, 2014
How to Apply
Request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-328-8363. Turn in all the following materials to Parrish 118 by the internal deadline, above:
- 1,000 word personal statement describing your graduate school and career plans. Provide relevant information on your personal and academic background.
- Provide information on the projected cost of graduate school (tuition and living expenses), and any anticipated loans, scholarships or other income sources. Indicate whether or not you received financial support for college.
- Two letters of recommendation (Recommenders must submit signed, hard copy letters to Parrish 118.)
- Transcript: The Fellowships and Prizes Office will obtain an unofficial copy of your college transcript. If you are selected as one of Swarthmore's nominees, you will need to secure an official transcript from the Registrar's Office.
- After submitting your application materials, you will be interviewed in person (or by telephone if you are unavailable in person) by members of the Fellowships and Prizes Committee.
- When all interviews are completed, the committee will select Swarthmore's nominees and notify you of your status.
- You will have an opportunity to make final revisions to your application before submitting it to Liebmann. The national deadline is in mid-January.
- Liebmann makes final selections in the late spring.