Non-profit, Government, and Public Service Resources
- Best Places to Work in the Federal Government Rankings that offer the most comprehensive assessment of how federal public servants view their jobs and workplaces based on categories such as pay, leadership, work/life balance, and more.
- Government Job Tips Check out our comprehensive career guide (PDF) to finding a job within the government sector. Includes informaiton on federal, state, local governments and careers on Capitol Hill.
- USA Jobs The official job site of the U.S. Federal Government.
- Making a Difference This website contains a wealth of resources for people exploring jobs and internships in federal government.
- Academic Quick Guides list the agencies that hire the most people with those majors, sample positions, and other key information to help students find federal jobs and internships.
- Where the Jobs Are is the only comprehensive projection of hiring needs for critical occupations in the federal government.
- Careers in Government A clearinghouse of information jobs and resources for public sector jobs in the U.S. and abroad.
- Applying for Federal Jobs Another resource for navigating the federal job search.
- Congressional Directory Searchable database of members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate; all offer jobs and internships in their local and Hill offices.
- PA Civil Service Information on and applications for jobs at Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission.
- Best Place to Work in the Federal Government Rankings The most comprehensive ranking of federal government organizations.
- New Jersey Courts Jobs Find opportunities from the New Jersey Judiciary. Contains jobs from court interpretation to technology.
- Opportunities in Public Affairs A job and internship newsletter published twice each month featuring opportunities on Capitol Hill, in government affairs, public policy, public relations, media, legislative affairs, etc. To access the complete set of opportunities, log in with usernameswarthmore and password garnet.
USAJobs.gov Tap Your passion and intern with the federal government. There is something for every interest! Interested in a federal internship? Click here to view a tutorial that will help simplify the search process on USA Jobs!
Museums, Historical Societies, and Libraries
- Americans for the Arts Job Bank Jobs at art museums all over the country.
- Archaeology Fieldwork Jobs, internships and fellowships in archaeology, anthropology, history, museums, architectural history, and historic preservation.
- Association of Midwest Museums Wide range of positions at science/history/art museums in the Midwest.
- Global Museum Webzine with job listings.
- Museum Jobs Museum, library, archive and gallery jobs.
- Museum Resource Links, Museum Job Postings and Museum Studies ProgramsMuseum web sites, job listings and graduate programs in museum studies from The Museum Employment Resource Center.
- National Council on Public History Job listings and links to museums and historical societies.
- New York Foundation for the Arts One of the museum capitals of the United States, New York is home to a plethora of art museum jobs.
- University of Leicester Museum Studies Job Desk Jobs at museums in the UK and USA.
- Libgig Library jobs, careers, placement, and recruiting.
LISjobs Job ads, career development, and forums for those interested in library science.
- American Childhood Cancer Society Helps over a million children beat cancer and provides cancer research and awareness.
- My AmeriCorps Where most AmeriCorps programs across the country post opportunities as they are recruiting. Complete a profile and answer application questions at any point. Submit application through the web site.
- PennSERVE AmeriCorps List of AmeriCorps programs in Pennsylvania, along with their contact information. For a complete list, click here [pdf].
- Idealist The BEST resource for finding nonprofit jobs/internships; includes many international opportunities.
- Interns.org Connects students with non-profit internships in order to jumpstart their career.
- Bridgestar A job board for nonprofit management.
- Change.org A social networking site for nonprofit organizations.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy Jobs in nonprofit management--fundraisers, volunteer coordinators, grant administrators, community outreach, etc.
- DMA Nonprofit Federation Sign up for DMA's weekly newsletter. It includes postings for all different types of jobs in the non-profit world, most of which require experience. Also includes jobs at businesses that support non-profits.
- EchoingGreen From conferences, to jobs, to volunteer opportunities, browse Echoing Green's page to help actualize your purposeful career.
- Good Food Jobs Tool for job search relating to food, nutrition, and education
- Guidestar The national database of nonprofit organizations.
- Independent Sector A coalition of leading nonprofits, foundations, and corporations strengthening not-for-profit initiative, philanthropy and citizen action.
- JustMeans A social media platform that provides news, jobs, and networks for people who create change. Jobs available in the following sectors: social enterprises, non-profits, socially-responsible corporations, government, and think tanks.
- LaSalle Nonprofit Center Find out about nonprofit opportunities in Delaware Valley.
- Mesothelioma Group Provides scholarship opportunies for students who have been affected by cancer.
- NCNA National Council of Nonprofit Associations.
- NonProfit Times Extensive list of non-profit jobs across the country, with an emphasis on the Washington, DC metro area.
- Opportunity Knocks Search nonprofit job listings by city, state, organization or position type.
- Quaker Information Center Internships, jobs and service opportunities.
- Union Jobs Clearinghouse Posts the open staffing and trades positions in organized labor and allied organizations that are now accepting applications.
- United Way Jobs available in United Way organizations in the US.
Young Non-Profit Professionals Networking opportunities and job listings in entry level positions.
- Catholic Network of Volunteer Service CNVS is a resource center for lay volunteer mission programs in the U.S. and abroad.
- Delaying the Real World Read this Career Services handout which provides a detailed list of short-term post grad opportunities, including numerous service opportunities.
- FastWeb matches prospective volunteers with more than 50,000 active volunteer openings in 28 different interest areas, including children and youth, disaster relief and crisis support.
- Idealist Listings of one year post-grad volunteer programs in the U.S. Also check out organizations promoting global volunteering.
- Peace Corps The toughest job you'll ever love.
- VISTA AmeriCorps Put your idealism to work through "the domestic Peace Corps."
Volunteer Opportunities with Friends A listing of volunteer service opportunities with Friends organizations.
- American Public Health Association Career Mart Comprehensive database of Public Health job postings in the U.S. at various firms and universities.
- Explore Health Careers A free, multi-disciplinary, interactive health careers website designed to explain the array of health professions and provide easy access to students seeking information about health careers. This website is a joint initiative involving national foundations, professional associations, health career advisors, educational institutions, and college students.
- PublicHealthJobs.com Features employment listings in Public Health from across the U.S.
- Public Health Jobs Worldwide A comprehensive source of public health careers worldwide
- PublicHealthJobs.net A service of the Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH) Employment Council. ASPH is the only national organization representing the interests of all 40 accredited schools of public health in the United States.
- All50Medical.com Completely free traveling healthcare career resource for Allied Health, Locum Tenens and traveling nurses to research and find traveling jobs.
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management Information on careers and advanced degrees in Public Policy.
- Opportunities in Public Affairs A job and internship newsletter published twice each month featuring opportunities on Capitol Hill, in government affairs, public policy, public relations, media, legislative affairs, etc. To access the complete set of opportunities, log in with username swarthmore and password garnet.
- Policy Library A social, economic and foreign policy resource - updated daily with the latest jobs, research, and events.
- Public Service Careers A comprehensive policy career database sponsored by APPAM, ASPANET and NASPAA.
- PolicyJobs.net A site dedicated to finding policy-making jobs, offers a global directory of think tanks.
- Harvard's Kennedy School created a directory of think tanks, categorized nationally and internationally.
Hillwatch.com presents a directory of think tanks that focuses on international and Canadian opportunities.
Social Services and Social Work
- Counselor-License Assists in learning state requirements and routes to become licensed and/or certified in the various counseling disciplines.
- National Society of Experiential Education Careers in administration of programs and centers at colleges.
- Social Service Opportunities for social work/social service job seekers.
- Social Work and Social Services Online An excellent resource for finding a job in social services.
- SocialWorkJobBank Jobs for social work professionals.
- Online Counseling Degrees Resources useful to individuals involved in the counseling industry. Discusses offline and online educational paths to obtain a degree in counseling or a related field.