We assist recent graduates entering first careers, as well as experienced alumni who want to make a career change.
Career Services is available to help you:
- Explore your strengths, interests and values
- Make better informed career decisions
- Expand your notion of career opportunities
- Develop your networking skills
- Write your own targeted resumes
- Communicate your qualifications clearly in interviews
Job Search Resources:
- Swarthmore's eRecruiting system enables you to easily search for employment opportunities for recent grads and experienced alumni. Area career fairs are also posted in the eRecruiting events calendar. Don't have a password or can't remember yours? Contact us.
- LinkedIn On this online networking site, build a public resume, link to colleagues, and discover new contacts. LinkedIn is recommended by the New York Times. Learn more about building a LinkedIn profile [pdf] and using the site to network [pdf].
- Alumni Community Discussion Groups Highlight various career groups with view mid-senior level job announcements.
- Our recommended career-related resources can help you learn about advertised positions in various fields.
- If you are contemplating graduate school, you are not alone. Upon graduation, over 90% of Swarthmore grads plan to attend graduate or professional school within 5 years. View our graduate school resources as a starting point for exploring how we can help.
- We store letters of recommendation for students and alumni and send them out upon request to the graduate programs of interest. Since most graduate programs require confidential letters, your recommenders may send the letters directly to us.
We offer 30-minute telephone appointments to begin your career exploration with subsequent appointments available as determined by the Career Counselor. Alumni are asked to phone in at a prearranged time. Please email or fax (610-328-8549) a copy of your most recent resume and brief statement of your current career concerns before talking with the Career Counselor. Our focus is career counseling. We are not a professional search firm nor do we offer job placement, personal counseling or crisis management. To set-up your initial phone appointment, please call (610) 328-8352.