21 October 2009
Staff Advisory Council
Meeting Minutes for 21 October 2009
Members present: Lois Falzone, Cathy Pescatore, Anna Headley, Terry McGrath, Val Gibson, Tami Gura, Janet McSwiggan, Brad Rumsey, and Lynn Grady. Ex-Officio members present: were Melanie Young representing Human Resources and Shar LaMar representing the EEO Office
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) of Swarthmore College was called to order at 9:00 am on Wednesday October 21, 2009 by moderator Mary Marissen. The following items were discussed:
Faculty Benefits Committee Meetings
- The Faculty Staff Benefits Committee is hosting 4 meetings over the next week to present information regarding potential benefit cost savings. SAC members are encouraged to attend as many of these meetings as possible.
- Melanie Young briefly previewed the information that would be presented to the College community at the benefits meeting.
Memorial Day/Labor Day
- The subcommittee met to discuss the scope of this project. A list of schools was selected for a comparison. Some local, comparably-sized employers will be added to this list. The entire benefit package will be reviewed & not just the Memorial & Labor Day holidays.
- SAC will sponsor the “Giving Tree” project during the holiday season. Tami Gura will chair this project.
- Both monetary contributions and gifts will be accepted by the program.
Staff DevelopmentProposals for Staff Development week are due on October 30th and can be submitted to staffdw [at] swarthmore.edu
- Mary Marissen asked the SAC members to consider volunteering for the open position of Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for taking & preparing the minutes for the meetings.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:55 am.
Whittier Circle Representative