21 October 2009
Staff Advisory Council
Meeting Minutes for 21 October 2009
Lois Falzone, Cathy Pescatore, Anna Headley, Terry McGrath, Val Gibson, Tami Gura, Janet McSwiggan, Brad Rumsey, and Lynn Grady.
Ex-Officio members present:
Melanie Young represented Human Resources and Shar LaMar represented the EEO Office
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) of Swarthmore College was called to order at 9:00 am on Wednesday October 21, 2009 by moderator Mary Marissen. The following items were discussed:
Faculty Benefits Committee Meetings
- The Faculty Staff Benefits Committee is hosting 4 meetings over the next week to present information regarding potential benefit cost savings. SAC members are encouraged to attend as many of these meetings as possible.
- Melanie Young briefly previewed the information that would be presented to the College community at the benefits meeting.
Memorial Day/Labor Day
- The subcommittee met to discuss the scope of this project. A list of schools was selected for a comparison. Some local, comparably-sized employers will be added to this list. The entire benefit package will be reviewed & not just the Memorial & Labor Day holidays.
- SAC will sponsor the “Giving Tree” project during the holiday season. Tami Gura will chair this project.
- Both monetary contributions and gifts will be accepted by the program.
Proposals for Staff Development week are due on October 30th.
- Mary Marissen asked the SAC members to consider volunteering for the open position of Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for taking & preparing the minutes for the meetings.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:55 am.
Whittier Circle Representative