19 May 2010
Staff Advisory Council
Meeting Minutes for 19 May 2010
Lois Falzone, Cathy Pescatore, Lisa Maginnis, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Linda Hunt, Mary Marissen, Cassy Burnett, John A. Dukes, Anna Headley, Terry McGrath, Carolyn Saufley, Lynn Grady, Janet McSwiggan, Betsy Durning
Welcome to new representatives: Lisa Maginnis, Linda Hunt, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Cassy Burnett
Thank you to retiring representatives: Brady Gonsalves, Mary Cooper, Val Gibson, Anna Headley, Brad Rumsey, Lois Falzone, Beth Baksi
Several steps are being taken to improve various parking issues brought to SACs attention during this last year.
- The sign dedicating a space to McCabe night staff will be moved to the closest available space as soon as possible.
- A conversation was held with Owen Redgrave about whether it is possible to do more to keep students from parking in staff spaces. Although Public Safety is already doing a fair amount in this area, he will attend a SAC meeting in the fall to discuss this topic.
- Problems of congestion in the loading dock areas of Martin/LPAC/Lang will be addressed by Owen and Melanie within the next few weeks.
- Phone book initiative: SAC suggests that delivery of phone books be cancelled entirely and that those who desire a paper copy of the book order one individually. Mary will communicate this to the Sustainability Committee.
- Staff voiced concern that recycling materials may sometimes be emptied into regular dumpsters. Tami Gura will contact Patty Shields for information.
Online Phone Directory
- Staff want Departments to be searchable online in addition to individual employees. Although SAC requested this last November, Kelly Fitzpatrick will take responsibility for follow-up.
- Staff who want a print directory may contact Office Services and have one made. A print directory will cost $3.15.
A discussion was held about the limit of 6 people per employee for the Spring Fling and whether that number could be expanded so that employees, their children and their grandchildren could all attend together. Despite the many good reasons to consider this idea, financial and space constraints make the cap necessary.
Being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 10:30am.
Meetings scheduled for fall: September 15, October 20, November 17