The clause below must be included in all contracts involved in the purchase or subscription use of electronic and information technology (EIT).
Compliance with Laws/Policies. Other Party warrants and certifies that in performance of this Agreement, it will comply with all applicable statutes, rules, regulations, including laws and regulations pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement. Other party also agrees to maintain compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards.
EIT includes information technology and any equipment or interconnected system or subsystem of equipment that is used in the creation, conversion, or duplication of data or information. The term electronic and information technology includes, but is not limited to, the internet and intranet websites, content delivered in digital form, electronic books and electronic book reading systems, search engines and databases, learning management systems, classroom technology and multimedia, personal response systems ("clickers"), POS systems, and office equipment such as classroom podiums, copiers and fax machines. It also includes any equipment or interconnected system or subsystem of equipment that is used in the automatic acquisition, creation, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, or reception of data or information. This term includes telecommunications products (such as telephones), information kiosks, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), computers, ancillary equipment, software, firmware and similar procedures, services (including support services), and related resources.
In order to demonstrate software accessibility within the College community, suppliers will be asked to provide answers to the following questions :
- Does your company have a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) for a current version of your product that documents product conformance with Section 508 Standards?
- If your company has a VPAT, please provide it as an attachment in response to this email. If your company does not have a VPAT, please describe your perspective on accessibility and any exceptions you believe are applicable.
- Please describe your accessibility conformance testing process.
- Does your company have an Accessibility Roadmap to remediate any accessibility gaps in a reasonable period of time? An Accessibility Roadmap can be a list and description of accessibility gaps, including current resolution status of each gap and a specific timeline for remediation. An Accessibility Roadmap also lists any known workarounds to provide end-users access until the vendor has resolved each of the accessibility gaps. If an Accessibility Roadmap is available, please provide it as an attachment in response to this email.
- Can you share with us your company's Accessibility Mission Statement or equivalent?
- To whom in your company should we direct our accessibility questions should we have any (name and contact information)?