Swarthmore Launches Instagram Account, Announces Photo Contest
Instagram is a popular social media service that allows users to take photos and videos with a mobile phone, apply a filter to transform the image, and then share with others. The free app is available for both iPhone and Android. Administered by the Communications Office, the College's Instagram account will feature a wide-array of Swarthmore-related pictures and videos, ranging from shots of the campus' natural beauty to videos of student events and activities. In August, a week after the College launched the account, Buzzfeed named Swarthmore one of the "41 College Campuses Made for Instagram."
To celebrate the launch, Swarthmore is initiating a monthly #SwatPhoto contest across all of its social media platforms. Each month, the Communications Office will determine the best Swarthmore-related photo with the hashtag #SwatPhoto. The contest begins Oct. 1 and will continue each month through the remainder of the academic year.
- To be eligible, photos must be tagged with the hashtag #SwatPhoto
- The photo must be Swarthmore related (examples include photos of campus, performance or sporting events, and community members in Swarthmore gear).
- The contest is open to all Swarthmore students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni.
- Photos from public** social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) are eligible as long as they are tagged with the hashtag #SwatPhoto.
- Each month's winner will have their submitted photo, with credit, used as the cover photo for the College's official Facebook page, reposted by the College's official Instagram account, and highlighted on the College's website at Engage @ Swarthmore.
Questions about the contest? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
**If you have a private social media account but would still like to submit photos for the contest, please email your photos to email@example.com**