Please contact the Circulation Department with any questions regarding your library record.
Your College ID or borrowing card is necessary to check out materials from any Circulation Desk.
- In person at a Circulation Desk
- By phone to McCabe at 610-328-8477, Cornell at 610-328-8262, or Underhill at 610-328-8232
- By replying to an emailed overdue notice
Requesting from Bryn Mawr and Haverford
- You may request items directly from Tripod. Delivery is often the next day, and you will be notified when the item has arrived.
- You may travel to the other campus.
- Alumni: You may request items by contacting the Circulation Desk.
- Faculty, staff, and students: You may place an anonymous hold on any item that is currently checked out. The borrower will be asked to return the item sooner than their original due date, generally within 5 days. You will be notified when the item is available for you to pick up.
- All items are subject to recall from all patrons.
- Each Circulation Desk has a return drop, and each library has an after hours return slot outside.
- Reserve materials must be returned to the library where it was borrowed.
Fines & Penalty Points
- Please consult each item for specific overdue fines.
- Abuse of library privileges or failure to pay fines may result in suspension of borrowing privileges, including Interlibrary Loan services.
- There no daily fines for a number of materials, as stated below, however items that are long overdue will result in your being responsible for the replacement cost, plus a $15 billing fee, and a $10 processing fee. If the item is then returned, all costs except the $15 billing fee will be waived.
- Students: Accruing 10 penalty points results in the loss of overnight reserve borrowing privileges (a "block") for one week. In addition, if a you incur three or more blocks in a semester, the Libraries may notify the Academic Dean.
- Faculty: The Circulation Dept. periodically provides the College Librarian with a list of faculty in danger of being blocked. You will be blocked if:
- A recalled book is overdue, and until it is returned.
- Your account reaches $1,000 in fines.
- Your account reaches 100 penalty points.
- Your account has more than 999 items checked out.