Lang Center Transportation Information
Bus Tokens and Train Tickets
The Lang Center for Civic and Social Responsibility supports the efforts of students engaged in volunteer direct service work and political engagement activities by helping make transportation available, if needed by students and if within its budgetary limits. If you are serving the community in sites accessible by SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority), train tickets or bus tokens may be requested to support your service commitment.
- Requests for transportation support in the form of public transportation can be made by submitting a Mass Transit Request Form.
- The Center cannot support transportation for paid employment, academic research or career development purposes.
- Requests MUST be submitted in advance, preferably at the beginning of the semester. "Same day service" in this regard is not available.
- Once authorized, tickets and tokens may be obtained at the Lang Center reception desk from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday during the school year.
The nearby community of Chester, Pa., is home to a number of community-service programs. For students interested in volunteering, the Lang Center provides a shuttle van service from Monday to Thursday that runs from Parrish Circle directly to the doors of the organizations being served. The vans are driven by trained and certified students and may be reserved for special service, advocacy, and activist events during non-shuttle service days and times. It makes volunteering opportunities nice and easy!
Van ReservationsFor information about other transportation options, please visit the College's Getting Around page or email the van coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sites currently being served in Chester include:
- Chester Eastside Ministries
- Chester Education Foundation
- Chester High School
- Chester Housing Authority at Booker T. Washington Community Center
- Columbus Elementary School
- Community Action Agency of Delaware County
- God's House of Glory
- Ruth L. Bennett Homes (Environmental Justice garden site)
- Smedley Middle School
- Thomas M. Thomas Church
- YWCA of Chester