Student EmploymentJob Description: Communications Coordinator (Lang Center Intern)
Hours per week: 3 - 5
Reports to: Associate Director
Pay Grade: 2
The Communications Coordinator (s) work(s) collaboratively with the Associate Director to support the outreach efforts of the Lang Center, promoting and reporting on Lang Center activities through print and online avenues.
• Publicizes Lang Center sponsored and co-sponsored events, internships, grant opportunities and so forth through Campus Calendar, RSD, Facebook, Twitter, weekly LC e-newsletter and so on.
• Attends Lang Center sponsored and co-sponsored events, takes digital photos, audio records events, and creates captions for images.
• Pitches, creates, and disseminates feature items from internship and project grant recipients.
• Creates fliers and posters, updating and maintaining the Lang Center bulletin boards in Parrish and the Center.
• Maintains at least 3 office hours per week, meeting at least once weekly with Associate Director and other Communications Coordinator.
• Serves on Lang Center Student Advisory board.
1. Strong written communication skills
2. Meticulous attention to detail
3. Totally reliable
4. Interested in issues related to social responsibility
5. Fundamentals of visual/graphic design a plus
• This internship offers the chance to strengthen and develop your communications skills, as well as to build your resume in the process!
• As a Communications Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to be part of an office environment where you are truly part of the team, and where your opinions and suggestions are respected and frequently implemented.
• Be up-to-date on the latest opportunities, events, grants related to social responsibility!
• Potential for a multi-year job.
• First year and sophomore students are invited to apply.
• Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest, qualifications, a résumé and one to three letters (or emails) from your references, commenting on your written communication skills, attention to detail and level of reliability.
• Closing date: Open until filled.