Wanted: Student Communications Coordinator
Pay: Category II
Hours: 3-5 hrs per week
When: February - May 2016, with possibility of continuation in 2016-2017 academic year
Where: Lang Center for Civic and Social Responsibility
The Communications Coordinator supports the outreach efforts of the Lang Center, promoting and reporting on Lang Center activities through print, visual, and online outlets.
• Publicizes Lang Center sponsored and co-sponsored events, internships, grant opportunities and so forth through use of Campus Calendar, RSD, Facebook, Twitter, weekly LC e-newsletter and so on.
• Pitches, creates, and disseminates feature items from internship and project grant recipients as needed.
• Creates flyers, posters, and other visual content as needed.
• Updates and maintains Lang Center bulletin boards in Parrish and the Lang Center.
• Meets at least once weekly with Associate Director and once with Lang Center Associates.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Organized and reliable
• Interest in issues related to social responsibility, helping others to identify opportunities to link curricular work with co-curricular interests
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Photography experience and fundamentals of visual/graphic design, a plus
• Demonstrated engagement with social media platforms and networks
• This paid position offers the chance to strengthen and develop PR skills, as well as to build your resume in the process!
• As a communications coordinator, you will have the opportunity to be part of an office environment where you are a crucial part of the team, and where your opinions and suggestions are respected and frequently implemented.
• Be up-to-date on the latest opportunities, events, grants related to social responsibility!
• Potential for a multi-year position.
Interested? Email your cover letter, resume or CV, names and contact information for three references, and writing sample to Jennifer Magee (jmagee1) by NOON on Friday, February 12.