Jobs for Students
Learning for Life Coordinator
Time Committment: 10 total hours per week divided between coordination staff.
Reports to: Assistant Director
Pay Grade: 3
The Learning for Life Coordinators have primary responsibility to facilitate the L4L Steering Committee, plan, schedule, and carry out L4L activities, and create learning pairs from lists of interested students and staff. L4L Coordinators will also serve the Lang Center Student Advisory group.Specific duties as required by L4L Steering Committee and consistent with the L4L mission.
- Recruit student participants, create matched pairs of student/staff with similar learning interests;
- Monitor partnerships and provide assistance with logistical issues including but not limited to introduction of participants, “getting-go-know-you” activities
- Plan and execute gatherings of the entire group per instructions from Steering Committee: kick-offs, celebrations, reflections and demonstrations of partnership activity Communicate regularly with staff supervisors regarding L4L eligibility and activities that impact staff work hours
- Act as liaisons between the L4L program and the student body, presenting L4L's activities and mission as broadly as possible to encourage student participation across interest areas.
- Continuously assess the many reasons students may have to engage with the program, and utilize this information to recruit a diverse group of student partners with the goal to have each eligible employee paired with a student.
- Provide interface between Lang Center programs and L4L (i.e. increase College staff awareness of student community involvement, provide opportunities for staff-student service/advocacy)
- Monitor L4L budget at the Lang Center, with oversight provided by Assistant Director Monitor the account with the Student Budget Committee and make a budget proposal each spring
- Act as liaison between Lang Center and College staff Other duties as assigned by Lang Center staff
TRASH 2 TREASURE COORDINATORS
Trash 2 Treasure (T2T) needs to hire three coordinators: Media/Outreach, Volunteers and Collections will be hired by March 5, 2015. T2T is a campus-wide activity focusing on ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE reuse of an overwhelming number of items otherwise destined for a landfill or incinerator, and FUNDRAISING for local non-profit social services agencies.A successful T2T sale requires dedicated volunteers and a staff of coordinators to manage collection of materials, outreach, and the large staff of volunteers from the campus and neighboring communities.Coordinator candidates must commit to service for the remainder of the spring semester AND through the 16th of June, 2015. Food and lodging is provided for volunteers staying after the academic year ends.Please request an application packet by email to JASON MANNING at email@example.com , or complete an application online. Prior experience as a volunteer to the T2T sale is preferred but not required. Interviews will be scheduled during the first week of March. New Coordinators will receive training, and begin their paid service (top of student scale) May 17, 2015. Application and job descriptions available here.