Faculty and Staff Printing
Swarthmore has a contract with Canon for departmental printing. Our Canon printers are on a dedicated print server, \\swat-print. For instructions on connecting to a Canon printer, please use the instructions on this webpage:
Below are instructions for all other departmental printers (non-Canon).
Connecting to a Printer from a Mac
- Open System Preferences, select Print & Fax, and click the lock in the lower left corner to make changes.
- Select the +(plus sign) to add a printer
- Click the IP tab
- For Protocol, choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- In the address field, type admin-print
- In the Queue field, enter the name of your printer** If you do not know, or cannot determine, the name of theprinter, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- Click Add.
After you click Add, the Printer list window will reappear with the selected printer added to the list of printers.
Connecting to a Printer from Windows
- Click your Start button
- Select Run (Windows XP and Vista) or Search (Windows 7)
- Type \\admin-print and press Enter. If prompted for credentials, enter GARNET\username in the username field, and your password.
- Find the printer you're looking for
** If you do not know, or cannot determine, the name of the printer, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- Double-click on the printer (it will install automatically)