||Information Technology Associate
||Student Associate Supervisor
||Category III pay rate
Applications are now open for Summer 2015 and Academic Year 2015-2016. Applications for Summer 2015 close at mid-night, March 16th. Students applying for Academic Year 2015-2016 must be able to return to campus by August 16th, for training.
Are you interested in technology and helping people? Are you a talented troubleshooter and an empathetic listener. Do you have the ability to break things down into clear, simple steps, and/or explain technical things in everyday language? If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a good candidate for the ITSA position. The ITS Help Desk is now hiring student associates (ITSAs). We are looking for people who enjoy working with technology, learning about technology, and helping others solve problems.
Benefits - what you will gain:
- Develop skills that are highly valued in the job market: technical support, customer service, problem solving, and team work
- Work in a fun, active, and supportive team environment
- Contribute your ideas and creative skills to improving IT services for students, faculty, and staff at the College
- Answer questions and troubleshoot technical problems (including, but not limited to, phones, printers, software, hardware, web applications, networking, and logging into Swarthmore services) in-person, on the phone, and by e-mail
- Research and document problem solutions
- Setup phones, computers, and printers
- Participate in creative projects to promote ITS (chance to utilize/expand artistic, graphic, video, and design skills)
- Expand technical and problem-solving skills through mentoring and on-the-job training
What we look for in a candidate – and what will help you to be successful in the position:
- Good interpersonal skills and the desire to deliver excellent service as a representative of ITS
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- An empathetic understanding of people and tech related challenges
- A strong interest in technology and a desire to learn new skills
- A basic understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems, handheld devices (iOS and Android), and associated software - Linux is a plus
- The ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 lbs
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Added plus – able to speak a second language, in addition to English (this is not required, but can sometimes be helpful when providing phone support)
To apply complete our online application!