Equipment Loan and Manuals
Media Services has the following equipment available for check out:
Laptops, iPads, & Accessories*
Dell Laptops & Tablets
- Dell Latitude E5400 -14 inch Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.54 GHz 4 GB RAM
- Dell Latitude XT2 Tablet PC - 12 inch Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 1.4 GHz 3 GB RAM
Dell Laptops & Tablets can be loaned out for up to one week at a time.
Curious about the merits of the iPad for educational or personal use? You can explore new possibilities in mobile computing by checking out one of ours.
iPads can be lent out for up to two days at a time.
For more information visit iPads on Apple
- MacBook Pro - 13 inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB RAM
- MacBook Pro - 13 inch 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
MacBooks can be loaned out for up to one week at a time.
For more information vist Macbook Laptops on Apple
Mac Display Adaptors
Display Adaptors are necessary if you intend on connecting your laptop to a projector or additional display.
For more information visit Mac Display Port Adapters on Apple
Projectors & Presentation Tools*
For detailed information on portable projector availability, please contact Media Services.
- Range: Up to 50 feet (15m)
- Radio: 64,000 Unique Addresses, 4 Channels
- Frequency: 2.4GHz/li>
For more information: Presentation Remotes
Cameras & Accessories
Canon Powershot G11
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical/4x Digital/20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Full automatic and manual settings
- 10 Mega Pixel sensor
- Shoot video in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps/30 fps LP) and QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour or 4GB per clip
For complete documentation download the official Canon Powershot G11 manual[pdf].
Canon EOS Rebel T1i
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 20x Optical/4x Digital/80x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Full automatic and manual settings
- 10 Mega Pixel sensor
- Shoot video in MOV at 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) for up to 60 minutes or 4GB per clip
For complete documentation download the official Canon EOS Rebel T1i manual[pdf].
Canon EOS Rebel T2i, T3i, T4i, T5i
- Full HD 1080p Video With Manual Exposure
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture the action
- Built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment
Sony Full HD 16 GB Flash Memory Camcorder
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD video recording
- 3-megapixel images
- 16GB embedded Flash memory
For complete documentation, download the officialSony Full HD 16 GB Flash Memory Camcorder manual[pdf].
Canon Vixia HF R500
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 HD MP4
- 3" wide touch screen LCD
- Mini HDMI out
- Removable SD memory card
For complete documentation, download the official Canon Vixia HF R500 manual[pdf].
Zoom Q4 Handy Video Recorder
- Full HD 1920x1080 video at 30fps, as well as 720p video at 30 or 60fps
- 2.0" detachable LCD screen unit
- Built in pop-up X/Y condensor microphone
- Digital Zoom takes angle-of-view from 130° to 95°
For complete documentation, download the official Zoom Q4 Handy Video Recorder manual[pdf].
GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
- Waterproof (with casing) up to 131'/40m
- Records video in 1080p60, 960p100, 720p 120fps
- Time Lapse Mode
- GoPro app + remote compatible
For complete documentation, download the official GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition manual[pdf].
Lytro Light Field Camera
- 8x optical zoom lens with constant f/2 aperture offers a wide range of creative shots
- Unique micro-lens array with digital image sensor captures the color, intensity, and direction of light entering the camera
- Light field engine processes the four-dimensional data captured by the sensor, so you can view it on the screen and refocus with a tap
- 1.52" back-lit LCD glass touchscreen display allows you to control most of the camera functions with a tap or a swipe
For complete documentation, download the official Lytro Light Field Camera manual[pdf].
Various tripods are available for both video and still cameras.
Zoom H4N Digital Audio Recorder
- Built-in X/Y stereo mics record at either 90° or 120°
- Four channel simultaneous recording using built-in and external mics
- Digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for improved audio quality
- Large 1.9-Inch LCD screen and improved user interface for easy operation
For complete documentation, download the official Zoom H4N Digital Audio Recorder manual [pdf].
Marantz Handheld Audio Recorder
- One-touch stereo recording
- Flexible file formats
- SD card storage
- On-board editing and playback features
- Full inputs and outputs, including USB 2.0 connectivity
For complete documentation, download the official Marantz Handheld Audio Recorder manual [pdf].
Marantz Full-Sized Audio Recorder
- Portable digital audio recorder
- Records to compact flash media that is immune to shocks and large temperature fluctuations
- Auto and manual track marking
- Repeat playback
- Selectable filter for ambient noise control
- 48v phantom power available at the XLR inputs
- Built-in microphone and speaker
For complete documentation, download the official Marantz Full-Sized Audio Recorder manual [pdf].
P.A. Speakers & Microphones
- 3-channel mixer with 3-band active EQ
- Two high-headroom Mackie Mic/line preamps with 48V phantom power
- Instrument-ready input
For more information: Audio Loudspeakers
Shure SM 58
- Handheld microphone ideal for vocals
- Dynamic catridge with cardioid polar patteren
For complete documentation, download the official Shure SM 58 manual [pdf].
Nessie USB Microphone
- Perfect for recording vocals, podcasts, voiceovers, audio for YouTube videos and more
- Includes professional features like headphone monitoring, mute, pop filter and shockmount
- Select from three recording modes - voice, music or raw
- Works with your favorite software on Mac or PC
For complete documentation, download the official Nessie USB Microphone manual [pdf].
Available by Request for Classroom Use*
- Record audio in the classroom for podcasting, video narration, and more.
- Please notify Media Services one week prior to the date you would like to reserve the booth.
- Media Services will need 1 hr prep time on the date of reservation.
iPad Mini Classroom Cart
Explore possibilities for use of mobile devices in fieldwork, research, or anywhere that you or your students aren't seated at traditional work spaces.
- Each student uses a "clicker," a portable, handheld device that allows students to vote by "clicking" on the appropriate button for his/her choice.
- Each instructor uses a receiver that collects votes sent by students' clickers. Light and portable, the receiver is powered through any computer's USB port.
- Instructors present a question and enable polling.
- Each student responds by "clicking" the appropriate button for his or her choice.
- A wireless signal is sent immediately from each responding clicker to the receiver.
- The receiver, through i>clicker's easy-to-use software, logs and stores the data of each individual student.
- The instructor can then display voting results in a graph, to the audience.
- The results are also available for later analysis, grading, and exporting to any gradebook software or course management system.
Download the manufacturer's manuals for