Training and Education
Swarthmore College subscribes to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), a self-paced, online training program in human subjects research protections that provides content and quizzes relevant to the primary types of research conducted at Swarthmore.
Customized modules are available for Social/Behavioral Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, and Students. Participants submitting materials to the IRB for review and approval should take the Social/ Behavioral Sciences module. This training is available to all faculty, staff, and students at the College.
To register and complete the training:
- Go to www.citiprogram.org.
- Click on "New Users Register Here."
- Select "Swarthmore College" in the "Participating Institutions" drop down box.
- Create your username and password, type in your name and email, then press "Submit."
- Answer the required survey questions (select "Other" for the course you
plan to take).
- On the "Select Curriculum" page, choose the appropriate learner group. You will be asked if you want to affiliate with another institution - choose "Yes" or "No".
- Click the red "Enter" link under "My Courses" to begin.
- Complete the required modules and associated quizzes (you can do so in more than one session). The minimum passing grade is 70%. You may repeat any quiz for which you'd like to improve your score.
- Upon successful completion of all required modules, print your completion report through the "Print" link in the Learner's menu. Investigators may submit a copy along with their IRB application.