Open Enrollment Events for 2014-2015
How to get more information
Benefits and Wellness Fair:
Please join us on Wednesday, October 1 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in the All Campus Space in Upper Tarble. Computers will be available at the Fair for anyone wanting assistance in completing the on-line enrollment.
The open enrollment period will begin on Monday, September 29 through Friday, October 10. If you choose to make any changes or want to enroll or re-enroll in a Medical Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or Health Savings Account, the deadline is Friday, October10.
Helpful Hints for making your benefit elections
Before you make your elections through mySwarthmore, our on-line benefits enrollment system, consider the following:
- Review your current enrollment information. Go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link.
- Read through the Open Enrollment Guide and familiarize yourself with the different options you have during this Open Enrollment period.
- If you enroll in the Keystone HMO or POS plan for the first time you will need your Primary Care Physician (PCP) number to finalize your enrollment in these plans. You can find your PCP number on ibx.com.
- If you decide to make any changes to your benefits elections, you will need to complete the on-line enrollment via mySwarthmore. If you decide that you will not make any changes, you do not need to complete the on-line enrollment process and your current elections will roll over, with the exception of the Medical Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, and the Health Savings Account, which require an active election each year.
- Per the Affordable Care Act, your benefit information will now be standard, plain language format known as a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC's). The SBC's will review in more detail, and with examples, how your medical plan works. These SBC's will be available in hard copy at the Benefits and Wellness fair, and are available online below. Lastly, the SBC's will be available on your ibxpress.com member portal.
- Print the confirmation page and retain it for your records.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS AND HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS:
If you want to enroll or continue your enrollment in either the Medical Flexible Spending Account, the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or the Health Savings Account you MUST ENROLL EVERY YEAR. Your current elections will not be rolled forward.
mySwarthmore - make your benefit elections on-line
Please log on to mySwathmore starting Monday, September 29 through Friday, October 10 to review and/or make changes to your 2014-2015 Open Enrollment elections. To make benefit election changes go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below the mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link.
- Your Current Benefits: Review your current benefit enrollment
- Update your dependent information (Note: This is an added feature for Open Enrollment 2014-2015)
- Choose your medical benefit selections for next year.
- Choose your dental buy-up selections for next year, if applicable.
- Choose your vision buy-up selections for next year, if applicable.
- Choose your Flexible Spending Account elections for next year, if applicable. If electing a Flexible Spending Account, identify your contribution per pay check.
- If you elected the High Deductible Health Plan, choose your Health Savings Account selection for next year. When electing a Health Savings Account, identify your contribution per pay check.
- Choose your supplemental benefits selections for next year.
- Review your Open Enrollment selections on the verification page. Click 'Complete Open Enrollment' when you are ready to submit elections.
Health Savings Account ("HSA")
- If you selected the High Deductible Health Plan, you have the option to enroll in a Health Savings Account that allows you to save pre-tax for your annual deductible as well as other qualified medical expenses now and in the future.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care Flexible Spending account contributions are limited to $2,500 per year and Dependent Care Flexible Spending account contributions are limited to $5,000 per year.
- Note: Based on IRS regulation, you may not enroll in both a Health Savings Account and a Health Care Flexible Spending Account.
Open Enrollment Materials
- Benefits Enrollment Guide [pdf]
- Keystone HMO & POS and Personal Choice PPO & HDHP Plan Summaries [pdf]
- Covered Preventative Services [pdf]
- Vision Plan Summary [pdf]
- Dental Plan Summary [pdf]
- CHIPRA Notice [pdf]
Summaries of Benefit Coverage
- Keystone HMO [pdf]
- Keystone Point of Service [pdf]
- Personal Choice PPO [pdf]
- Personal Choice HDHP [pdf]
Benefit Rates For 2014- 2015
Other Forms and Coverage Descriptions for voluntary benefit enrollment
- Additional Life Insurance and Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance [pdf]
- Additional Life and AD&D Insurance Benefit Summary [pdf]
- Aetna Enrollment Form [pdf]
- Aetna Evidence of Insurability Application [pdf]
- MetLaw Plan Description [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Tax Explanation [pdf]