What's New for Open Enrollment for 2013-2014
Open Enrollment Events for 2013-2014
How to get more information
Benefits and Wellness Fair:
Please join us on Wednesday, September 25th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in the All Campus Space in Tarble-in-Clothier. Computers will be available at the Fair for anyone wanting assistance in completing the on-line enrollment.
The open enrollment period will begin on Monday, September 23rd through Friday, October 4th. If you choose to make any changes or want to enroll or re-enroll in a Flexible Spending Account, the deadline is Friday, October 4th.
Helpful Hints for making your benefit elections
Before you make your elections through mySwarthmore, our on-line benefits enrollment system, consider the following:
- Review your current enrollment information. Go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link.
- Read through this Open Enrollment Guide and familiarize yourself with the different options you have during this Open Enrollment period.
- If you enroll in the Keystone HMO or POS plan for the first time you will need your Primary Care Physician (PCP) number to finalize your enrollment in these plans. You can find your PCP number on ibx.com.
- If you decide to make any changes to your benefits elections, you will need to complete the on-line enrollment via mySwarthmore. If you decide that you will not make any changes, you do not need to complete the on-line enrollment process and your current elections will roll over, with the exception of the health care spending account, dependent care flexible spending care account, and the health savings account, which require an active election each year.
- Per the Affordable Care Act, your benefit information will now be standard, plain language format known as a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC's). The SBC's will review in more detail, and with examples, how your medical plan works. These SBC's will be available in hard copy at the Benefits and Wellness fair, and are available online below. Lastly, the SBC's will be available on your ibxpress.com member portal.
- Print the confirmation page and retain it for your records.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS:
If you want to enroll or continue your enrollment in either the Health Care Flexible Spending Account, the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or the Health Savings Account you MUST ENROLL EVERY YEAR. Your current elections will not be rolled forward.
mySwarthmore - make your benefit elections on-line
Please log on to mySwathmore starting Monday, September 23rd through Friday, October 4th to review and/or make changes to your 2013-2014 Open Enrollment elections. To make benefit election changes go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link.
- Your Current Benefits: Review your current benefit enrollment
- Make Your Selection for Next Year: Answer each question regarding your coverage needs. The answers to these questions will prompt different enrollment options in subsequent pages
- Choose your Medical Plan Option: Remember all medical plans include basic dental and vision coverage
- If you selected 'yes' for either dental or vision buy up, choose the radio button for your coverage level
- If you selected 'yes' for converting your College provided Long Term Disability coverage to a taxed benefit, choose the radio button for your coverage level
- If you selected 'yes' for MetLaw pre-paid legal services, choose the radio button for your coverage level
- If you selected 'yes' for Supplemental Life and AD&D with Aetna Life Insurance Company, choose the radio button for your coverage level
Health Savings Account ("HSA")
- If you selected the High Deductible Health Plan, you have the option to enroll in a Health Savings Account that allows you to save pre-tax for your annual deductible as well as other qualified medical expenses now and in the future. You will be mailed the enrollment forms for Bancorp. These forms must be completed and returned promptly to make your Payroll contribution elections to your account, including any College contribution. You are not required to set up an HSA with Bancorp, but the College will only process and deposit deductions via Payroll with a Bancorp HSA account.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- If you selected 'yes' to a Flexible Spending Account, choose the additional contribution per check and click the"recalculate Flex Spending" button. Health Care Flexible Spending is limited to $2500 per year and Dependent Care Flexible Spending is limited to $5000 per year.
- Note: Based on IRS regulation, you may not enroll in both a Health Savings Account and a Health Care Flexible Spending Account.
Open Enrollment Materials
- Benefits Enrollment Guide [pdf]
- Keystone HMO & POS Plan Summaries [pdf]
- Personal Choice PPO & HDHP Plan Summaries [pdf]
- Bancorp HSA Enrollment Forms [pdf]
- Covered Preventative Services [pdf]
- Vision Plan Summary [pdf]
- Dental Plan Summary [pdf]
- CHIPRA Notice [pdf]
Summaries of Benefit Coverage
- Keystone HMO [pdf]
- Keystone Point of Service [pdf]
- Personal Choice PPO [pdf]
- Personal Choice HDHP [pdf]
Benefit Rates For 2013- 2014
Other Forms and Coverage Descriptions for voluntary benefit enrollment
- Additional Life Insurance [pdf]
- Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance [pdf]
- Aetna Enrollment Form [pdf]
- Aetna Evidence of Insurability Application [pdf]
- MetLaw Plan Description [pdf]
- Additional Life and AD&D Insurance Benefit Summary [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Tax Explanation [pdf]