What's New for 2017 Open Enrollment
Enrollment Period: November 1 - 15
The annual Open Enrollment period is generally the only time during the year when you can make changes to your benefit elections and enroll or disenroll yourself and/or your dependents. This year’s Open Enrollment will be active, meaning that all employees are required to participate by confirming elections and dependent information online. Please note that this change has been implemented in order for the College to comply with Affordable Health Care reporting requirements.
Open Enrollment Events
Benefits and Wellness Fair:
Please join us on Wednesday, November 9 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in the All Campus Space in Upper Tarble. Computers will be available at the Fair for anyone wanting assistance in completing the online enrollment.
Open Enrollment Information Sessions
Please join us for one of our Open Enrollment presentations on Tuesday, November 1 in Kohlberg Hall, Scheuer Room at one of the following times (snacks to be provided):
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Online Enrollment Workshops
Please join us for an interactive session where HR Representatives will be available to assist employees through the online enrollment process. Registration will open on Tuesday, November 1. Workshops will be held in Trotter Hall, Room 201 on the following dates and times:
Friday, November 4: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Friday, November 11: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, November 15: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
High Deductible Informational Sessions
Appointments will be available to meet with a representative from the benefits team during the Open Enrollment period. If you have any questions, please contact:
Diane Echternach, Benefits Specialist at (610)-690-5620
John Cline, Benefits Manager at (610)-328-8652
Michele Mocarsky, Director of Compensation and Benefits at (610)-328-8626.
As a reminder, you can also reach out to Health Advocate at (866) 695-8622.
The open enrollment period will begin on Tuesday, November 1 through Tuesday, November 15. If you currently participate in a Medical Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or Health Savings Account, you must actively elect to re-enroll in this account by Tuesday, November 15.
Helpful Hints for making your benefit elections
Before you make your elections through mySwarthmore, our online benefits enrollment system, consider the following:
- Review your current enrollment information. Go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link. During this active enrollment period, you must confirm and/or update your elections for 2017.
- Read through the Open Enrollment Guide and familiarize yourself with the different options you have during this Open Enrollment period.
- If you enroll in the Keystone HMO or POS plan for the first time you will need your Primary Care Physician (PCP) number to finalize your enrollment in these plans. You can find your PCP number on ibx.com.
- Complete the online enrollment via mySwarthmore. If you decide that you will not make any changes, you must still complete the enrollment process to confirm your elections.
- Per the Affordable Care Act, your benefit information will now be standard, plain language format known as a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC's). The SBC's will review in more detail, and with examples, how your medical plan works. These SBC's will be available in hard copy at the Benefits and Wellness fair, and are available online below. Lastly, the SBC's will be available on your ibxpress.com member portal.
- Save the confirmation page and retain it for your records.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS AND HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS:
If you want to enroll or continue your enrollment in either the Medical Flexible Spending Account, the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, or the Health Savings Account you MUST ENROLL EVERY YEAR. Your current elections will not be rolled forward.
mySwarthmore - make your benefit elections online
Please log on to mySwarthmore starting Tuesday, November 1 through Tuesday, November 15 to confirm and/or make changes to your 2017 Open Enrollment elections. To make benefit election changes go to mySwarthmore and log in using your network credentials. To view your current benefit elections, choose Employee from the menu bar right below the mySwarthmore banner, and then click on Open Enrollment link.
- Your Current Benefits: Review your current benefit enrollment
- Review your dependent information
- Choose your medical benefit selections for next year.
- Choose your dental buy-up selections for next year, if applicable.
- Choose your vision buy-up selections for next year, if applicable.
- Choose your Flexible Spending Account elections for next year, if applicable. If electing a Flexible Spending Account, identify your contribution per pay check.
- If you elected the High Deductible Health Plan, choose your Health Savings Account selection for next year. When electing a Health Savings Account, identify your contribution per pay check.
- Choose your supplemental benefits selections for next year.
- Review your Open Enrollment selections on the verification page.
- Make selection regarding the delivery of your W2 and 1095-C forms.
- Click 'Complete Open Enrollment' when you are ready to submit elections.
Health Savings Account ("HSA")
- If you selected the High Deductible Health Plan, you have the option to enroll in a Health Savings Account that allows you to save pre-tax for your annual deductible as well as other qualified medical expenses now and in the future.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care Flexible Spending account contributions are limited to $2,550 per year and Dependent Care Flexible Spending account contributions are limited to $5,000 per year.
- Note: Based on IRS regulation, you may not enroll in both a Health Savings Account and a Health Care Flexible Spending Account.
Open Enrollment Materials
- Benefits Enrollment Guide [pdf]
- Keystone HMO & POS and Personal Choice PPO & HDHP Plan Summaries [pdf]
- Covered Preventative Services [pdf]
- Vision Plan Summary [pdf]
- Dental Plan Summary [pdf]
- CHIP Notice [pdf]
Summaries of Benefit Coverage
- Keystone HMO [pdf]
- Keystone Point of Service [pdf]
- Personal Choice PPO [pdf]
- Personal Choice HDHP [pdf]
Benefit Rates For 2017
Other Forms and Coverage Descriptions for voluntary benefit enrollment
- Additional Life Insurance and Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance [pdf]
- Additional Life and AD&D Insurance Benefit Summary [pdf]
- Aetna Enrollment Form [pdf]
- Aetna Evidence of Insurability Application [pdf]
- MetLaw Plan Description [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Tax Explanation [pdf]