2013 Winter Gathering
Please Join us on
Thursday, December 12th 2013
from 10am-Noon in the
Lang Concert Hall
As we honor our employees
who have celebrated
Milestone Employment Anniversaries during the 2013 calendar year.
Celebrate your colleagues
Enjoy giveaways, food, music & community networking
Please RSVP here.
Employee relations seeks to:
- develop and maintain a positive relationship between employees and the college through programs and policies that ensure fairness, respect and consistent treatment for all employees,
- provide means for conflict resolution,
- enhance clear and accurate communication,
- recognize the efforts and contributions of employees to the college and it's mission.
To meet these goals, the employee relations staff provide the following functions:
- advise and refer employees experiencing personal problems
- develop and manage programs for employee recognition and appreciation
- review departmental work rules and policies for fairness and consistency with College policies
- problem solve with supervisors around employee and organizational issues
- assist/coach employees in managing relations with their supervisors
- assist employees in responding to disciplinary or performance counseling both informally and by accessing the College Grievance Procedure,
- advising supervisors when considering employment action for misconduct or performance problems to ensure compliance with College standards and fair and consistent treatment