Student Rights and Responsibilities
- You have the right to respectful care given by competent staff which reflects consideration of your personal values and belief systems and optimizes your comfort and dignity.
- You have the right to expect emergency health care to be provided without unnecessary delay.
- You have the right to good quality care and high professional standards that are continually maintained and reviewed.
- You have the right to health care services without discrimination based upon race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, handicap, or national origin.
- You have the right to every consideration of your privacy concerning your health care.
- You have the right to receive care in a safe setting and be free from all forms of abuse and harassment.
- You have the right to communication in a manner that is clear, concise, and understandable.
- You have the right to refuse treatment as permitted by law and to be informed of the consequences of your decision.
- You have the right to be involved in health care decisions in collaboration with health care providers to the fullest extent possible.
- You have the right to information pertaining to any charges made by SHS.
- You have the right, without recrimination, to voice complaints regarding your care, to have those complaints reviewed, and, when possible, resolved.
- You are expected to be considerate of other students and health care personnel.
- You are expected to provide accurate and complete health information about present health complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health history or care in order for you to receive effective health care treatment.
- You are responsible for reporting whether you clearly understand a contemplated course of action and what is expected of you.
- You are expected to communicate your complaints, misunderstandings, and questions regarding services at SHS. We encourage you to approach our director, Beth Kotarski, with any concerns that you may have.
- You are expected to give adequate notification for appointment cancellations by calling 610-328-8058.
- You are responsible for any costs or bills accrued through student health services, which may be related to prescription medications, laboratory tests, vaccinations, or travel consults.