Class Agent Job Description
The agent(s) for each class is/are the primary Annual Fund fundraiser(s) for everyone who graduated in that class, or who chooses to be identified with that "social class year." (The class list includes those who did not graduate but were members of the class for at least one semester.) Class agents are recruited by the Annual Fund Chair upon the recommendation of the class president, class agents, the Alumni Relations office, or the Annual Giving office.
Class agents must possess the ability and willingness to:
- Provide an important example by giving generously and consistently, early in the fiscal year.
- Assume a leadership role in securing unrestricted annual financial support for Swarthmore.
- Recruit others to help raise funds.
- Familiarize themselves with and remain informed about the College
by reading the alumni magazine, the Report of Gifts, and other College publications.
- Communicate effectively and promptly.
- Write class solicitation letters in the fall and spring. Classes in reunion write a third letter in late spring.
- Contact classmates personally.
- Communicate specific donor interests and concerns to the Annual Giving office.
- Be knowledgeable about the careers and interests of fellow classmates.
- Remind classmates of outstanding pledges by telephone (or mail or
e-mail, if necessary) in May and June.
- Thank classmates for their contributions with a personal note, email, or phone call.
- Remain in contact with other class officers to help begin reunion planning.
To volunteer, or to nominate someone to serve as a class agent, please contact Meghan Harker, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com or (610) 328-8410.