Summer Seminar Series
Each summer, Swarthmore hosts a seminar series at which area faculty present their research. Presenters during the summer 2015 series include faculty from Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore Colleges, Drexel, and Villanova University.
The full schedule is listed below. Presentations will take place in Swarthmore's Science Center, room 128, from noon to 1:30pm.
- June 3: Andrew Nutting, Bryn Mawr
"Height and Alcohol Consumption Among Adult Males."
- June 10: Syon Bhanot, Swarthmore College
Feedback on design for upcoming randomized behavioral experiments
- June 17: Chris Kilby, Villanova University
- June 24: Timothy Lambie-Hanson and Giri Paremeswaran, Haverford College
- July 1: Jennifer Peck, Swarthmore College
- July 8: Janet Ceglowski, Bryn Mawr College, and Steve Golub, Swarthmore College
"Can Africa Compete with China in Manufacturing?"
- July 15: Tao Wang, Swarthmore College
- July 22: Marc Remer, Swarthmore College
- July 29: Matt Weinberg, Drexel University, "How do Mergers Create Market Power? Evidence from U.S. Brewing"
- August 5: Matt Freedman, Drexel University, "Persistence in Industrial Policy Impacts: Evidence from Depression-Era MIssissippi"