Why might a student reach out to a class dean?
- you are trying to find balance between your academics and your other responsibilities
- you are looking for mentors here or beyond
- you are having a serious medical problem and are trying to figure out how to approach your academics
- you are figuring out how to navigate Swarthmore and your various communities (home, service, identity, adoptive, global)
- you are experiencing personal challenges that are affecting your academics
- you are considering taking a semester away from Swarthmore
- you had something really wonderful happen and want to share the joy
Additional Dean Contacts
Dean Liz Derickson (Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs), 610-328-8475, email@example.com - Dean Derickson is away on-leave from May through July 2015. Please contact Dean Anderson or a class dean for academic assistance.
Dean Diane Anderson (Assoc. Dean for Academic Affairs & Assoc. Professor of Educational Studies): Ruthanne Krauss, 610-328-8367, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Liz Braun (Dean of Students): Susan Lewis, 610-328-8365, email@example.com