Strategies for Finding College Funding
- Abide by the deadlines: Make sure to keep on top of deadlines. Each office has a separate deadline and application method.
- Contact Departments: Students should contact the respective departments/staff members for more information and to apply.
- Summer Experience Fair: The fair takes places the fall of every year. Departments come and talk to students about summer opportunities professors are offering.
- There is no limit to the number of grants for which students can apply, but the total amount that a student may receive per summer is $4,500.
- Filing Taxes: Students are responsible for reporting earnings to the IRS. If you're an international student, a portion of your stipend may be withheld. Please consult the Business Office and your tax professional for more information.
|Summer Research Opportunities||Humanities, Natural Sciences/Engineering, Social Sciences|
|Creative Writing Stipend||
The English Department's Morrell-Potter Summer Stipend in Creative Writing provides a $2,500 prize to students who demonstrate exceptional promise in composing prose or poetry.
|The Lang Center for Civic & Social Responsibility provides project grants, internship funds, and research opportunities that link the campus, community, and curriculum. Deadline to apply is early Spring semester.|
|Swarthmore Future Entrepreneur Program||
Internships at local start up companies through a partnership with Ben Franklin Technology Partners. Students can apply to posted internships and interview with participating start-up companies. If selected, students will gain experience working for a start up while gaining insight into the entrepreneurial world.
|If you had a great time with your mentor during our extern program, why not ask them if you can come back this summer? If your mentor cannot pay you, you can apply for this grant.|
|Rubin Scholar Mentoring Program||
This program offers a limited number of paid summer internships. It provides Rubin Scholars with an opportunity to work with a mentor to develop and strengthen career goals.
|Hope Reichbach Memorial Fund||Available to New York City residents with demonstrated financial need. The Fund provides scholarships for students who take internships in civic leadership and community organizing|
Internships at public policy and nonprofit organizations; provides a stipend and covers housing/travel costs
Sponsors-paid internships at museums and arts organizations throughout LA County for multicultural residents of Los Angeles County
|Clinton Global Initiative||
The Clinton Global Initiative University Outstanding Commitment Awards are grants given to exceptional student Commitments to Action aimed at improving communities and lives around the world. All currently enrolled students (both undergraduate and graduate) may apply for these awards.
|Offers funding to individuals who are dedicated to social improvement and service. Offered in various fields of research. Projects may designed by you or you can apply for pre-designed opportunities constructed by organizations (email for login information).|