Interview Days and Career Fairs
Consortium Interview Days (Contact: Erin Massey)
This is a great way for employers to interview a number of pre-screened candidates in one location from several schools.
How do the consortium days work for employers?
- Employers register for the event they are interested in participating.
- Employers then submit job descriptions to be reviewed by students.
- Students review all job postings from the organizations involved and submit applications.
- Employers receive the student applications from the participating schools.
- Employers review the applications and select students they wish to interview.
- Employers notify the event coordinator of their selections.
- The event coordinator notifies the students of their interview selections and creates a schedule.
Fall Recruiting Consortium (FRC): FRC offers a unique opportunity to interview a large number of candidates during the heart of your recruiting season for internships in full-time opportunities. Typically, employers in finance, consulting, education, research, technology participate.
- Consortium Schools: Bard College, Connecticut College, Swarthmore College, Wesleyan University and The College of William and Mary.
- Date: Friday, October 23, 2015
- Location: New York City (Times Square)
- Employer early-bird registration deadline: Aug 15, 2015. Regular deadline Sept 2, 2015. Register
DC Metro Link: The DC Metro Link provides an opportunity for employers from the metropolitan Washington area to hire students in entry-level positions and internships. Metro Link focuses primarily on public policy, think tanks, nonprofit organizations, finance and media.
- Consortium Schools: The College of William & Mary, Swarthmore College, University of Virginia, Yale University
- Date: February 19, 2016
- Location: Washington DC
- Employer registration deadline: January 8, 2016. Register
Consortium Career Fairs (Contact: Kristie Beucler)
Students can meet employers in a variety of industries, and employers have the opportunity to connect with students from various geographic regions.
The benefits of attending a consortium-based career fair include:
- High visibility for your organization.
- Access to a larger number of students.
- Ability to educate students about your organization.
- Informal opportunity to identify candidates for employment and internship opportunities.
- Low cost for participation.
Government and Non-profit EXPO: This event attracted hundreds of students (undergraduate and graduate level) and alumni from six of the most recognized colleges and universities in the area who are seeking careers in the nonprofit, government and socially responsible business sectors. The next EXPO will be held in February 19, 2016 at Georgetown University.
- Consortium Schools: Swarthmore College, University of Virginia, the University of Richmond, New York University's Wasserman Center for Career Development and the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, the College of William and Mary, and Yale University.
- Date: Friday, February 19, 2016
- Location: Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center Ballroom.
- Employer registration: Register
- More information about the EXPO
Not-For-Profit Networking Fair: Philadelphia: This is an excellent opportunity for your non-profit organization to share information about jobs and internships with Swarthmore students and alumni, as well as participants from Bryn Mawr College, Haverford College, University of Pennsylvania and a host of other top colleges and universities.
Philadelphia Nonprofit & Government Career Fair: We seek participation from non-profit organizations, representing issues ranging from the arts to human services/education to environmental concerns and federal government agencies. This event was designed to help you identify talented Philadelphia area students from top colleges and universities for full time, part time, internship and volunteer/service positions. This fair will be held in late March at St.Joseph's University. Please check back for registration details.
Consortium Career Fair & Interview Day (Contact: Erin Massey)
Do both! The consortium career fair and interview day combination is an efficient way for students to meet employers and have employers conduct interviews all on the same day.
Engineering and Technical Career and Internship Connection ETCIC (Career Fair & Interview Day): The annual Engineering and Technical Career and Internship Connection includes two days in the fall semester for employers and students in the engineering and technical fields to meet for pre-screened interviews and a career fair. Additionally, ETCIC offers virtual recruiting in the spring semester. Post your entry-level and internship opportunities with the ETCIC, and receive resumes electronically! For this event, Swarthmore partners with 10 other top notch colleges and universities.
- Consortium Schools:Bucknell University, Case Western Reserve University, Carnegie Mellon University, Clarkson University, Haverford College, Johns Hopkins University, Swarthmore College, Syracuse University, Tufts University, Union College, University of Rochester
- Date: Friday, October 9, 2015
- Location: New York City (Times Square)
- Employer early bird registration deadline: Aug 14, 2015. Regular deadline: Sept 2. Register
Philadelphia Career Connection (Career Fair & Interview Day): Employers who want to hire students from selective liberal arts schools in the Greater Philadelphia area have the opportunity to meet with students at the career fair in the morning and one-on-one pre-selected interviews for internship and full-time opportunities in the afternoon. Employers in non-profit, government, start-ups and for-profit industries can recruit for full-time and internship opportunities.
- Consortium Schools: Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Swarthmore Colleges
- Date: Friday, January 29, 2016
- Location: Haverford College (Haverford, PA)
- Employer registration deadline: Dec 1, 2015. Register