1. Oversee the continuous condition assessment of campus buildings, grounds, outdoor sculpture, and equipment, including the quality of maintenance and the amount and type of space available for each of the functions of the College, making sure that standards approved by the Committee are being followed.
2. Ensure that a suitable plan, consistent with the College strategic plan, is developed for recommendation to the Board, and revised as needed, for buildings, grounds, foot and vehicular traffic, and non-academic equipment; including policies for the sale or acquisition of land and buildings, the construction of new facilities, the renovation or removal of old ones, and the conservation of energy.
3. Oversee the work required to plan, budget and construct new buildings, including planning, selection of architect, document preparation, selection of contractor, and provision for College oversight. Review, approve, and recommend the project budget to the full Board.
4. Oversee, approve and recommend to the full board the annual capital budget and five year capital budget projection. Ensure that budget recommendations to the Board provide adequate personnel and financial resources for the operation, maintenance, renovation, and construction of the buildings and grounds.
5. Provide oversight of the monitoring of the safety and security conditions of the buildings and grounds, including conformance to legal requirements for ingress and egress, and environmental concernssuch as pollution, disposition of hazardous wastes, and related areas.
6. Assure the monitoring of the campus networks connecting the buildings, including plans for energy distribution, communication systems, and computer systems.
7. Provide oversight for proposed construction or real estate development by others in locations near campus that could affect the quality of the College's environment and make appropriate recommendations to the Board.
Staff to contact for meeting agenda, questions: Stuart Hain, Vice President for Facilities and Services
David W. Singleton, Chair
Frederick W. Kyle, Vice Chair
Samuel L. Hayes III*
Giles K. Kemp
Sibella Clark Pedder
John A. Riggs
Robin M. Shapiro
Thomas E. Spock