Nominating and Governance
1. Review the existing membership of the Board and develops criteria to guide selection of new Managers to address defined needs such as special expertise, diversity, and leadership potential.
2. Communicate the perceived needs to the Alumni Association nominating committee to assist their selection of two new Alumni Managers each year, which are then reviewed and recommended to the Board by the Committee.
3. Seek from all Board members and from the College administration potential candidates for Term Managers. These candidates are evaluated by the Committee and interviewed prior to a recommendation to the Board.
4. Seek from all Board members and from the administration, in particular the Dean's Office, potential candidates for Young Alumni Manager. The Young Alumni Manager is recommended to the Board each year.
5. Conduct an orientation program for new Managers, which is usually held prior to the September meeting. A current Board member is asked to be a mentor for each new Manager.
6. Seek input from continuing Managers, new Managers, and Committee Chairs in the fall in order to determine committee assignments for the following year.
7. Assisting the Board Chair, the Committee ensures an evaluation of Managers after two years of service and (for Term Managers) before nominations for second and third terms. The Committee makes recommendations to the Board Chair regarding candidates for Committee Chairs and for at-large membership in the Executive Committee.
8. Periodically review the scheduling of Board weekends, the need for special task forces, and the ongoing work of the Board.
9. When the term of the Board Chair is completed, the Committee oversees a process which includes seeking the advice of all Managers about leadership skills needed and specific candidate names, ending in a formal recommendation to the Board.
Staff to contact for meeting agenda, questions: Maurice G. Eldridge, Vice President
Committee MembersRhonda Cohen, Chair
John A. Riggs, Vice Chair
Neil R. Grabois, ex officio
Giles K. Kemp, ex officio
Barbara W. Mather
Robin M. Shapiro