Before finalizing an agreement with a placement sponsor, students should meet with her/him and discuss the parameters of involvement. Some points to consider include:
- Set mutually satisfactory and feasible goals.
- Discuss how you can best become an integral and participating member of the agency/institution staff.
- Ask to be provided with agency policy and procedures and then, abide by all regulations.
- Understand how you can best support the agency and its staff in contacts with the public.
- Decide how you will notify the agency sponsor if you are unable to report for work and what procedure you will follow to make up any lost time/tasks.
- Discuss procedures for consulting your supervisor when confronted with problems you cannot satisfactorily solve by yourself.