Senior Loan Exit Counseling
Understanding your federal Stafford loan and life after Swarthmore??
The Federal Direct Stafford Loans that you have borrowed to assist with your educational expenses will need to be repaid after graduation. During the next few months, your loan servicer will contact you directly about your loan and address your loan repayment process. This can be overwhelming and confusing!
To help you better understand this process and fulfill the U.S. Department of Education's requirement that we meet with all students who have borrowed a federal Direct Stafford loan, we have scheduled two times for discussion. We will cover repayment options, budgeting, graduate school and other details to help you after graduation.
This requirement must be completed prior to graduation so please choose the best option for you.
1. Please plan to attend one of the following sessions:
(Bring a laptop if you wish to complete the counseling online while in attendance.)
Wednesday, April 30th
Monday, May 6th
- What to bring with you?
- four digit federal Pin #; used to sign your FAFSA (To retrieve your pin # visit www.pin.ed.gov)
- Social Security Number
- Details on your future income and living expenses
- At the end of the exit counseling session, you will be asked for information that will be included as part of your federal student loan records. You must provide the following:
- Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for:
- Your next of kin
- Two references who live in the US
- Your future employer (if known)
2. Not able to make this meeting,you can complete this requirement on-line and gather the same information at: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
3. You can also email email@example.com to schedule a personal meeting with Kristin Moore.