Institutional Documentation Service
The College utilizes the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service, known as IDOC (pronounced "eye-dok"), to receive and process the financial aid application materials that accompany the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE and the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- IDOC allows for secure electronic upload, transmission, and submission of supporting financial aid documents and materials (federal income tax returns and schedules, W-2s, 1099 forms, etc.).
- Prospective and returning domestic (U.S. citizen) financial aid applicants will be submitting financial aid supporting documents to the Financial Aid Office. This is new for 2016-2017. Any IDOC information snail mailed or dropped off to the Financial Aid Office in hard copy will be returned or shredded.
- Prospective and returning international financial aid applicants will submit supporting materials via their Financial Aid Checklist; these students will NOT be utilizing IDOC. Prospective students will access their Financial Aid Checklist via their Applicant Status page portal link sent from the Admissions Office. Returning international students will submit their supporting documents via MySwarthmore.
- The IDOC service is of no cost to students and will further the Financial Aid Office's recent migration toward the secure and sustainable goal of reducing paper flow throughout the office.
- Students who should be submitting information to IDOC will receive notification from IDOC/College Board with very user friendly instructions on how to submit information. The below link takes you to a slideshow tutorial that simplifies and explains IDOC:
IMPORTANT: Submission of supporting financial aid documents should be submitted all at once to ensure more accurate delivery and tracking. The table below indicates the appropriate method of submitting documents. Use the following link to log in directly to IDOC: https://idoc.collegeboard.org/idoc/IDOC/IndexIDOC.aspx
|Student Applicant Type||Document Submission Method||Submission Due Date|
|Prospective Domestic (U.S. citizen)||IDOC||see website|
|Prospective International||Admissions Applicant Status Page||see website|
|Returning Domestic (U.S. citizen)||IDOC||April 30|
|Returning International||MySwarthmore||April 30|