Official Publications of Swarthmore College
McCabe Library is the official depository of the Swarthmore College publications; primary access to this material is through McCabe. Please consult the Tripod on-line catalogue for holdings.
1. College Publications, 1870-1902
Publications dated 1866-1869, relating to establishment, construction, and opening of the College.
2. College Publications, 1870 - 1902
This subseries contains publications produced before the Bulletin became standardized and includes annual catalogues and stockholders annual meeting minutes with reports of the Board of Managers and the Treasurer.
3. Swarthmore College Bulletins, 1902-
The Bulletins are divided into three groups: General issues; Catalogue issues, of which each annual issue contains the College calendar and the offered courses of instruction; and Alumni issues.
4. Alumni Directories and Alumni Registers, 1920-1999
5. Calendars, 1902-
6. Fund-raising Publications, 1906-
7. Special Events Publications, 1869-
Includes inaugurations of Presidents, commencement programs, and announcements of college events, invitations , and programs
8. College Community/Administrative Publications, 1888-
9. The Halcyon (Yearbook), 1889-
10. Student Publications, 1882-
Including the Swarthmore Phoenix (incomplete), a student newspaper since 1881. Full runs of the Phoenix are available in McCabe Library in hard-copy and microfilm.
11. Miscellaneous Publications